PDA

View Full Version : 0x000000D1 Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

smurfsahoy
05-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I am getting this error right around where windows (XP pro) asks me to put in my user password to log in.

It says something about w22n51.sys specifically.

The only event that could possibly be related to this is:
Event 28, source: i8042prt
type: information
Could not successfully write the controller command byte for the i8042

To add to my troubles, I looked online and MS had a page that specifically implicated a logitech mouse driver for this error, so in safe mode, I un-cleverly uninstalled the only mouse driver visible, which turned out NOT to be a logitech mouse, but rather my internal trackpoint mouse for my laptop. So now I can't move the mouse, and don't know how to fix it (especially without a mouse, and without internet access to get a new driver thanks to the BSOD)

Also, I have not recently installed anything, software or hardware, and I already tried a system restore to about a week before the BSOD, to no avail.

(And this is a totally different computer than the last thread I made - that one is still working just peachy)

Thanks for your help!

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Looks like w22n51.sys belongs to the Intel wireless adapter drivers. Uninstall them, then download the latest drivers. And reinstall them. Have you rebooted since removing the mouse driver?? If you havent, reboot now

smurfsahoy
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, somehow the mouse thing just magically fixed itself (like the 4th time I rebooted?), and getting rid of the other driver fixed the problem. Then just updated it to get my wireless back, and it seems to be working.

Cheers!

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Drivers SHOULD reinstall (if you delete them ). Then reboot. As long as you dont delete the driver as well. Sweet, just find the updated Intel wireless adapter driver on the site. Then reinstall it (DON'T use the driver/s from Windowsupdate)