PDA

View Full Version : HP IPAQ RX1950 PDA

nedkelly
04-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Does any one have one of these?
My mate just gave me one that he was given by his mate who screwed it up by deleting nearly everything on it to get more space.
Hoping that I can get a copy of the flash memory to get it going properly again.

davidmmac
04-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I have an rz1710 - a few models below and a series previous to the rx1950.

By the sounds of things his mate did a hard reset, there is a guide here (http://www.writingonyourpalm.net/column030317.htm)as to trying to recover data post a hard reset although I haven't tried it before so I am unsure to whether it works or not.

Hope that helps :).

nedkelly
04-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Hopefully it does. Na he actually deleted half the programs on the device. So only one of the short cut buttons work, and of course one of the ones that does not work is the one that I need to try a hard reset.

Edit: Ok had a look at the link you sent, it says to try hard reset (which I can not do0.
Hmm I wonder if a data recovery program could get the programs back?

CliveM
04-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Look for a little hole to insert a paper clip. Those things usually have one.

davidmmac
04-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Hopefully it does. Na he actually deleted half the programs on the device. So only one of the short cut buttons work, and of course one of the ones that does not work is the one that I need to try a hard reset.

Edit: Ok had a look at the link you sent, it says to try hard reset (which I can not do0.
Hmm I wonder if a data recovery program could get the programs back?

The programs might still be on the computer the device syncs with, when I installed programs on my device they where installed via MS ActiveSync, and a copy of the program was left on the computer.

nedkelly
05-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Doubt if they are dont think the guy who owned this ever did it. And if he did its probably been uninstalled by now.
CliveM: That just performs a soft reset like hitting reset button on pc.