PDA

View Full Version : I Wuz Reading ->

SurferJoe46
04-01-2010, 03:28 PM
.................about Bob Hope and the things he got away with when he was angry about something.

Once in Las Vegas he had a really small room and in his routine that night he commented: "My room is so small that the rats have to walk around stoop-shouldered".

The management got furious and made him make a retraction the next show, and he complied: "I said last night that my room was so small that the rats had to walk around stoop-shouldered. In all fairness I would like to make a retraction for my lack of honesty. The rats in my room are NOT stoop-shouldered".

He got away with it. He also got a larger room.

Sweep
04-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Maybe he got a bigger room so that he could change his mind.

As he died on the 27th July 2003 he is not here to refute the story is he. Of course Elvis is still alive according to reports and maybe Bob Hope is too.

gary67
04-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I saw them last week in Kahurangi NP tramping with John Lennon

Morgenmuffel
04-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Maybe he got a bigger room so that he could change his mind.

As he died on the 27th July 2003 he is not here to refute the story is he. Of course Elvis is still alive according to reports and maybe Bob Hope is too.
Elvis Died with JFK fighting an Egyptian mummy in a retirement home (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Hotep)

Sweep
04-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for that. I knew I was confused.

Going to watch TV3 at 7:30 tonight to see how the mummy gets on being as he has returned.