PDA

View Full Version : PC to TV via DVI/HDMI ... How do I do it ?

pakehafulla
04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Have just purchased a Samsung 40" LED TV.
Have it connected to my 4 yr old pc with a 6600GT.
All works okay via s-video and audio RCA, but I want to use my HDMI cable if I can.
6600GT only has DVI out so the cable is DVI to HDMI, connected to the HDMI 1 on the TV which supports pc connection.
The problem is that I get no picture. I know everything is connected okay because I get to see the boot screen from the PC, but as soon as it goes to the welcome and/or desktop nothing shows.

So...what the heck do I do?

I've searched online for hours, but with rural dial-up that gets frustrating. I have accessed the nvidia controls and tried both dual view and clone, and also made changes to the resolution for PC and TV multiple times.

Is it something to do with the order in which you carry out the above changes, and will I need to reboot between each change?

Anyone out there that can help?

CYaBro
04-01-2010, 01:02 PM
It sounds like the resolution that the PC is running in is not right for the TV HDMI input.
As the PC is booting up, before you see the Windows loading screen, press F8 and choose VGA mode and see if you get a picture in Windows with that.

FAB
05-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Funny...I spent a while on this yesterday, trying to get some .mov files to play from laptop to TV via HDMI.
Had to set up TV as external monitor (which vista picke dup ok) and made sure input on TV was set to HDMI...but then you've done this already. But year as CYB it was my resolution - just lowered it to 1024x768 (my tv is 1080i) and away it went. Getting the sound going was fun but I went to control panel/sound in Vista and did something and away the sound went.
Sorry - reading this sounds like I haven't offered much help!