PDA

View Full Version : Chrome shortcut question

prefect
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Done a full format and reinstall of xp got chrome as default browser however when I try to get shortcuts sent to desktop they open ok but the browser isnt at the top. Not much use if you cant browse.
So I have downloaded shortcuts on IE but the favicon icon just turns into a google chrome icon instead of cool program icon.
Is there any workaround this problem thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
03-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Go to properties under the shortcut and change the icon. Its because you made Chrome the default browser, it'll change whatever browser links to a Chrome icon. What do you mean the browser isnt at the top?? At the top of what?

prefect
03-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Go to properties under the shortcut and change the icon. Its because you made Chrome the default browser, it'll change whatever browser links to a Chrome icon. What do you mean the browser isnt at the top?? At the top of what?

At the top of the page

wainuitech
03-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Do you mean the toolbar / address bar at the top of the open web page ?? - Got pictures ???

prefect
03-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Yes there is no google toolbar with reload, favorites, address bar, back and the two on the right side control the current page and customize and control google chrome.
Start from begining I am in google chrome browser and I am at the Sydney morning herald page and I want a desktop short cut I go to the control the current page button and click the top one create application shortcuts.
Cool smh favicon pitches up to desktop but when I click on it and it opens up to smh homepage the google browser tool bar isnt there up top. Can cheat it by say going to smh in IE creating a favicon to desktop but the favicon isnt the cool smh one its just the default chrome one.
Thanks for your help.

prefect
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Bump, pse help
Its a pain because if you go to a link from the page there is no back button to use to go back to home page.