PDA

View Full Version : LAN Adapters Configuration is Corrupt

David57
01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Me again.

Having the above problem with this additional info from the title....or has not been initialized. The Boot Agent cannot continue.

I have an HP Pavilion DV6000 running vista business.

I notice that it appears to be very warm and at one stage the screen just went black and then turned off. I turned it back on, it showed that it was on but nothing happened at all and i mean nothing, no boot nothing. I took the battery out put it back in and then turned it on again.

I still got the same error message above re configuration corrupt but I got to the screen where it asked to start in safe mode of start windows normally. Select windows normally and everything seemed to load ok.

I do wonder if I have inadvertently deleted something that i shouldn't have but don't know what that might be.

Since the reboot to start windows normally I have done a shutdown and started the laptop again after 10 minutes and the configuration corrupt message still remains but the laptop boots up ok.

I am considering taking the laptop back to factory settings with the recovery disk but don't know what affect this will have on what I have on the laptop or whether this will in fact fix the problem. Could someone please offer some advice on the best thing to do.

Thanks

David

KarameaDave
01-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Sounds like your machine is attempting to boot to the network.
Go into BIOS setup (press F10 as it starts) and reset the boot order.

It also sounds like it is overheating, check the vents and clear any dust etc from them.

Link to manual
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035677.pdf

David57
01-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks KarameaDave but could you point me specifically to the area in f10.

I am in setup utility the 1st screen and i see F10 and F12 Delay
CD ROM Boot enabled.
Floppy Boot enabled (even tho there isnt one)
Internal Network Adapter Boot Disabled.

then

Boot Order

next is USB Floppy
ATAPI CD/DVD Rom Drive
Notebook Hard Drive
USB Diskette on Key
USD Hard Drive
Network Adapter

I am not sure what i should be doing. Could you give me pointers pse.

Thanks

David

Speedy Gonzales
01-01-2010, 07:02 PM
This is what it means (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/network/582dx/bootAgnt.htm). And what it points to (http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/bootagent/)

David57
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Not Dell-HP and definitely not under warranty. Would a restore to factory settings be the answer and if so what would I loose?

KarameaDave
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Dave57: It appears that your boot order is OK.
I am unsure why you are getting the message about your LAN configuration.
If you go into Device Manager (In Vista or 7 Click on Start, type Dev into search then click on Device Manager) is there a yellow exclamation mark beside your
network adapter?

Speedy Gonzales
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I changed the post as it says on the Dell site

PXE-E05: The LAN adapter's configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized. The Boot Agent cannot continue.

The Boot Agent determined that the adapter EEPROM checksum is incorrect. The agent will return control to the BIOS and not attempt to remote boot. Try to update the flash image.

David57
01-01-2010, 07:32 PM
No there is no yellow exclamation mark against the network adapter.

Excuse my ignorance but how do I update the flash image?

Thanks.

David

Speedy Gonzales
01-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I would ring HP and ask them WHAT file you should be downloading and using (and how to flash it properly). We may point you in the wrong direction, you'll flash it and may kill it. Or see if an HP tech is online (https://wimpro.cce.hp.com/ChatEntry/Chat.aspx?productOID=1842155&productLine=KV&productSNI=hppavilion1842154&productName=HP+Pavilion+dv6000+CTO+Notebook+PC&productCategory=18703&SCOID=82710&h_cc=us&h_lang=en&lc=en&PSOID=1842153&lang=en&cc=us&y=0&x=0)

KarameaDave
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
+1 on the flash image.

The other issue is it turning off?
Then you must wait 10mins till it will start?
Sounds like overheating.

David57
01-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I think you are right about the overheating it is quite warm.

Sorry I don't know how to get to where I am suppose to flash and how i do it.

David

Speedy Gonzales
01-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Click on the link I posted in the last post and chat to an HP tech, if anyone is there. See what they say

David57
01-01-2010, 11:29 PM
had a chat to hp they asked me to update a driver in device manager under network, did that but no change.

The bios is F.13

I think there is an overheating problem which may have caused the error initially.

I did a restore to yesterday prior to the fault but that did make any difference either.

I am lost as to what to do next. Any suggestions??

KarameaDave
01-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Have you addressed the overheating?
Is that the latest BIOS for your model?
(mine is F.2D for a Dv6303tx)
What exact model have you got?

David57
01-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Will have a look at your replies again on overheating tomorrow.

I don't think so. I believe it should be the same bios as yours F.2D???? Mine is dv 6209TX

KarameaDave
01-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Instructions for removing dust

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01657439&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=sv&cc=se&lang=sv&product=3347958

Yes F.2D is the current BIOS for it.