PDA

View Full Version : speaker sound issues

smithinator
31-12-2009, 08:08 PM
the sound on PC is really quiet even though the sound meter is at 100% i am using the built in audio in my gigabyte p55 ud4p motherboard i have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but with no luck the headphone jack seems to work fine except for a nasty crackle in the background which i believe is an unrelated issue but the rear audio panel seems unable to power the speakers ( i have used the speakers in my laptop so they do work fine, the speakers do not have a amplifier plugged in ) any advice is appreciated.

wainuitech
31-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Where you mention rear panel power the speakers - is that the only power source ?

A LOT of speakers need their own power source, Eg: plugged into the mains.

HP's speakers come to mind - some work fine with the appropriate HP PC, but when plugged into another PC they are only just audible even at full volume.

Speedy Gonzales
31-12-2009, 08:13 PM
So how do the speakers work on the laptop then? Are they USB?

smithinator
31-12-2009, 08:16 PM
These speakers don't have a power source just a plug into the audio jack, they are a portable set designed for mp3 players, are computers speakers normally amplified?

Speedy Gonzales
31-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Most desktop speakers are powered, unless theyre USB

smithinator
31-12-2009, 08:26 PM
so to work properly they will need an amplifier plugged in?

Speedy Gonzales
31-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Or need to run by power

smithinator
31-12-2009, 08:38 PM
thanks for the help, what could be causing the crackling in the headphone jack? i tried reconnecting the plug but it didn't work could it be something internally interfering with it?

feersumendjinn
01-01-2010, 11:46 AM
These speakers don't have a power source just a plug into the audio jack, they are a portable set designed for mp3 players, are computers speakers normally amplified?
The audio output from your computer is not amplified, you need a set of computer speakers with built-in amplifier (a set of speakers only, will not work, as you have found). Not surprising you have no volume :stare:.

smithinator
02-01-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks for the help i got a great deal on a set of logitech speakers with an amplifier so that sorted that problem, what can i do about the crackling sound i hear when i plug my headphones into the front audio jack?

feersumendjinn
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Do you get crackling when speakers plugged into rear, if not it would rule out sound card problem, maybe a bad/corroded connection/socket at front/or motherboard (try speakers in the front).
Not plugging things in with comp on are you?

crackling sound i hear when i plug my headphones in

smithinator
03-01-2010, 09:10 AM
no the speakers work fine in the back but i do hear it when i plug anything into the front plug, the case is almost new and it worked fine before i upgraded my PC about a week ago could it be something inside interfering with the connection/cable? i did try pulling out the plug on the inside nothing obvious seems to be wrong with it also i have made 100% sure my mobo supports HD audio so that's not the issue i cant think what else could be wrong, the PC/screen/new speakers are plugged into a brand new surge protection board with nothing else plugged into it.