PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Security Mystery.

mzee
31-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I have my auto updates set to manual.
Fired up Windows7 just now & checked for a security update, to be informed that it was updated at 6.12am 31/12/2009 today.
I was still in bed at that time and the computer was shut down.

Have checked time & date, all correct.

Odd!!!!!

jwil1
31-12-2009, 01:39 PM
That's probably when the definitions were created :)

KarameaDave
31-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Ghost in the Machine?:D

mzee
31-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I tried to update it but confirmed that it had the latest, received several hours before it was switched on!!
It was not the time that the update was created because it was on the computer before I checked for updates. I will see what happens tomorrow.

coldot
31-12-2009, 08:11 PM
MS Elves. They probably live somewhere under your desk and pop out and switch on when they receive the trigger from MS to say "new update to install". Mischievous little guys most of them - they spend their spare time manufacturing new BSODs which they fire up just when you have an urgent job to do on your PC. Can't get easily rid of them, although a cat or dog may be able to catch one or two.
Happy New Year!

Terry Porritt
31-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I have my auto updates set to manual.
Fired up Windows7 just now & checked for a security update, to be informed that it was updated at 6.12am 31/12/2009 today.
I was still in bed at that time and the computer was shut down.

Have checked time & date, all correct.

Odd!!!!!

That is the correct time, mine is the same, in fact "everyone" with MSSE will have been updated with the same time stamp update.
The time (99% sure) will be the time at MS Redmond, ie Pacific Standard Time.................or maybe not.....:)

Edit maybe there is a local MS server ?