PDA

View Full Version : Cant find wireless key!!!

quark
30-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I need to find the wireles key on my PC because i cant remember it and i need to connect another computer to the network. So could someone suggest a program or some way to get the key. Im using WPA2-PSK encryption.

Thank you

Speedy Gonzales
30-12-2009, 03:15 PM
This (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html)

quark
30-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Iv tried that already. It only gives me the hex key. I want the Ascii key. And the data encryption is AES. If that helps
Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
30-12-2009, 03:34 PM
What version of windows is on yours?

chiefnz
30-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Not my intention to hijack this thread but...

It amazaes me that people don't remember or write down these pieces of information... or at the very least use something they will remember...

I have been through 3 wireless router/modem units and I've used the same passphrase... I've hardly had to do a reset because I couldn't add a device to the network!!!

I don't forget it because it's something significant.

Having said that if you forget it... just do a reset on your wireless router... small price to pay for forgetting the information and most certainly a good reason to choose something you will remember... thus avoiding further similar situations.

Just an observation!

wainuitech
30-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I need to find the wireles key on my PC because i cant remember it and i need to connect another computer to the network. Should be easy enough since your current PC is connecting to the router OK - log into the router, look under wireless security, write down the password - enter that into the other computer = Connected.;)

quark
31-12-2009, 07:36 AM
So i need to log onto the router on the computer that i set the router up on? And how do i do this? im sorry but i dnt really know what im doing and need some help.
Thanks you guys so much

quark
31-12-2009, 07:37 AM
i got it. I logged into the router and got the key. thanks for all your help.

KarameaDave
31-12-2009, 07:37 AM
What make and model of router?
EDIT, well that's redundant Dave!