PDA

View Full Version : Kindle 2

georgenz
29-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi was wondering if anyone here had bought a Kindle 2 (from anywhere) and what they thought of it?

limepile
29-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Didn't know you could buy them in NZ.

I use Stanza on my iPhone and its bloody great !

Sherman
30-12-2009, 04:58 PM
You can't buy them in NZ unfortunately :(

I do not have a Kindle 2, but I did get a Sony reader (PRS-505) when I was in the States last. They both have almost identical screens, although the software on the two devices is very different.

As far as the screen goes, I really like it. It is crisp and clear, as long as you have a sufficient light source to view it by. The general rule of thumb is that you need about the same amount of light as if you were reading a (mass market) paperback. I can read for hours at a time on the reader with no eye-strain whatsoever.

If you wonder on over to the MobileRead Forums (http://www.mobileread.com/), you can find out all the information you ever wanted to know about the Kindle 2, as well as any other ebook reader. The folks there are just as helpful and friendly as the guys and girls here on PF1.

pkm
30-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Last I heard it was available in canada. Not sure what the delay is-perhaps with the content delivery.
Instead of worrying about DRM, filetype limitations I thought of an asus eee 701,mod the LCD to be on the outside.