PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate!

Battleneter2
28-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't you just hate when a title of a thread is used as a sales pitch, rather than putting information in the title to let users know what the thread is actually about. Feels like a waste of time when I open one of these threads and its on a topic I have no interest in.

Tittles like "Don't you just hate!", or " Have you noticed..." or "Things were OK for a while but"

Is it just me? anyone else get annoyed by this?

rob_on_guitar
28-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I know what you mean, it is a bit tedious, but I guess just got to get a hold of the curiosity....
They could have title codes i guess, like: P = politcal thread, H = help threat, TW = time wasters thread

But sounds like effort

beetle
28-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Um its in the chat forum............. what do you expect?

:rolleyes:

beetle

pcuser42
28-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Point to the title of the thread and you get the first few words of the post, saving clicks. :)

Battleneter2
28-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Um its in the chat forum............. what do you expect?

:rolleyes:

beetle

So what's the point of a title if your not going to use it properly?

plod
28-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Don't you just hate when a title of a thread is used as a sales pitch, rather than putting information in the title to let users know what the thread is actually about. Feels like a waste of time when I open one of these threads and its on a topic I have no interest in.

Tittles like "Don't you just hate!", or " Have you noticed..." or "Things were OK for a while but"

Is it just me? anyone else get annoyed by this?

Your total is a bit like what your talking about. I see what you mean

Battleneter2
28-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes I was being ironic :rolleyes:

Richard
28-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Please Sir, what is a tittle? (And keep it decent Cicero)

Greg
28-12-2009, 06:35 PM
For someone like myself who uses the Internet close to all day everyday, your post is such a waste of space. Eg, what's an extra mouse click here or there?

As previously mentioned... just hover your mouse over the thread to see what it's about.

What irks me more is when people post a link without first giving a brief description of what the subject is.

Dammit... I've used up too many keystrokes and thought pixels in typing this response!

*sigh*

Thomas01
29-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Yep I feel the same way about people who don't use their spell checker. Iittle indeed.

Zippity
29-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Ironic? = Moronic :)

Terry Porritt
29-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Yep I feel the same way about people who don't use their spell checker. Iittle indeed.

And.....for those who don't know the difference between the verbs "to bring" or "to buy" and keep saying "brought" instead of "bought"....then....

I'm Gonna Dance Wit de Guy Wot Brung Me (http://www.box.net/shared/kcodby14s2) (6MB)

Again I blame it all on the Yanks......:)

I like the word brung

Cicero
29-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Please Sir, what is a tittle? (And keep it decent Cicero)

Am I not ever decent and caring and thoughtful.?

What were you thinking of Richard.?

Battleneter2
29-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Ironic? = Moronic :)

lol well If I had of had a title of "Titles should be used to indicate the content of the thread", you could have avoided this thread and moved onto the next one!, sorry for wasting your time :P

Zippity
29-12-2009, 01:34 PM
You are welcome, or as some would say, "Your welcome".............

Ironic posts help pass the time of day.