PDA

View Full Version : IE 8 issue

bk T
28-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Have been using Firefox for years and because of compatibility issues with Win7 x64 (as in my other thread) I'm 'forced' to use I.E. I now have an small issue (not actually a problem) with IE:

When launch IE, sometimes it opens to a full screen, and other times, it only opens to a smaller screen, like half or a quarter screen? How to get it to open in full screen every time? Remember I used to re-size it to full screen, then hold down Ctrl and click X to close IE. After that IE opens in full screen every time. But, this trick doesn't work anymore!

Any suggestions?

Renmoo
28-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry, "full screen", as in:

Full screen mode - Covers the WHOLE screen or
Full screen - maximised Windows?

Sweep
28-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Resize the window to what you want. Click file CTRL, Exit.

Speedy Gonzales
28-12-2009, 09:52 AM
There are no compat issues with FF. I'm using it in x64, and its fine. Right mouse on IE's icon / properties. Change the run option to maximized.

bk T
28-12-2009, 10:34 AM
There are no compat issues with FF. I'm using it in x64, and its fine. Right mouse on IE's icon / properties. Change the run option to maximized.

1. Tried your suggestion, but it does not always open in Miximized windows.

2. But I'm having compat issue with FF. It doesn't happen every time but quite often when I load a webpage, it hangs for 10 seconds to 2 minutes and the screen turned grey - the mouse still moves but doesn't respond to any 'clicks'

I reloaded the OS at least 3 times already but the problem still go away, and found out that it only happens with FF. IE works fine. Have eliminated all other applications which I suspected initially and I'm pretty sure FF is the culprit.

xyz823
28-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Have you tried alternative browsers? Chrome? Safari? Opera?

feersumendjinn
28-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Sounds like an add-on in Firefox isnt compatible with Win7 and/or 64bit, try disabling them.:2cents:

Speedy Gonzales
28-12-2009, 11:36 AM
1. Tried your suggestion, but it does not always open in Miximized windows.

2. But I'm having compat issue with FF. It doesn't happen every time but quite often when I load a webpage, it hangs for 10 seconds to 2 minutes and the screen turned grey - the mouse still moves but doesn't respond to any 'clicks'

I reloaded the OS at least 3 times already but the problem still go away, and found out that it only happens with FF. IE works fine. Have eliminated all other applications which I suspected initially and I'm pretty sure FF is the culprit.

Right mouse on the IE icon on the taskbar (if you didnt do this above) / right mouse on IE / properties, then change it. Which icon did you go into? The one in the taskbar or the one in the menu? Sounds like a video prob, if the screen changes colour. Its not a compat prob, there's either something wrong with your system or with FF, or an addon

Sweep
28-12-2009, 01:14 PM
bk T

Try this for your IE8:-

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

bk T
28-12-2009, 01:32 PM
bk T

Try this for your IE8:-

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

I did that in the very beginning (which works in previous ver of Windows/IE) but not this Win7 /IE 8 of mine.

Sweep
28-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Well I resized windows in IE8 then put it back using the method described.

Using Win7 64 bit pro and the 32 bit version of IE.

Do not CTRL click the red X just click it.

And close the first instance then the second one.

mzee
28-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I am running W7 32bit and had trouble with FF 3.5.6 locking up, just as if there was a massive drain on resources. It would do this even when selecting the options menu.

I have reinstalled the old FF 3.5.4 and have no more trouble. It could be the add ons as 3.5.6 has an updated add blocker and IE Tabs.