PDA

View Full Version : Christmas grinch......

beetle
24-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I just cannot get into christmas this year......

at the moment feel like its not worth the effort and also dont have the money to run out and get all the bells and whistles things that people want......Im not grumpy but just wish i had a few more days up my sleeve to be ready...... stress and pressure to be ready and everyione asks are you organised? shopped and bought so and so... and what you going back to town for?
sigh............................

So is it happy at your house or christmas grinch at your house?

LOL

Merry Christmas:p

beetle:)

wainuitech
24-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Does seem a bit quieter this year --- Mind you still doing lots of things, making sure everythings ready for Xmas day and boxing day - always have a BBQ etc.

Feeling glum ?? :crying Dont feel like smiling much -- We heard this song while out today-( oldie but a goodie) saw a few "strange" looking blokes in the "xmas spirit" and pictured them ------ have a listen to This song carefully (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foybsDsn5hk) - look at any of your male neighbors and try to picture it -- thats bound to make you smile - esp if they are considered "normal straight people" --Or are they :p

Merry Christmas

Jen
24-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm sitting here watching Terry Pratchett's Hogfather and pretending I can't see the vacuum cleaner abandoned in the middle of the lounge floor. :p

I did make a last minute trip to the supermarket this evening when I realised I had forgotten the bread. :rolleyes:

kenj
24-12-2009, 09:12 PM
All under control here.. SWMBO is bossing the job. Must admit we were at Tamatea Pak 'n Save at 6am this morning getting a few things.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Jen, can we have a Santa smilie for next year please. That is just what beetle needs!!

Ken ;)

beetle
24-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Yeah i know the feeling, i cleared the lounge floor this morning, a child decided it was time to wrap presents and there's stuff every where, and i rang my sister at about 8pm tonight to say i making a rice salard like requested, it looks a bit ho hum but i onto it.............. and she says........ what you bringing for pudding? pudding? im bringing pudding?

so have thrown a fudge brownie in oven and will see what its like when it comes out or im off to buy a cheesecake at the supermarket:p

we rmembered to put the wheelie bin out today but i have weeds all across my lawn, i went traipsing about town looking at cars, and visited a friend and cannot get the new 2nd hand tv we got to tune....

and it just seems a heavy going xmas............ lots of 2nd thoughts and worries ............ and do i really want to go back to the supermarket again?????

lol

beetle:D ill survive.............

wainuitech
24-12-2009, 09:18 PM
We hardly ever play the "normal" Xmas songs - usually its always the funny ones or the prosody's all lined up ready to go -- Like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G1KHc4H08w) :p

SWMBO played a dirty last year - she put in the real ones into the play list -- Damn :lol:

Looking forward to lunch tomorrow, SWMBO made this "Adult dessert" its got some sort of fluffy cake center / all mixed with strawberry's and other fruits. On top is cream & more strawberry's that have been "soaking" in rum for the last week and a bit ( as well as the other fruit) :drool

bob_doe_nz
24-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't do Christmas any more. Same crap every year, same beach we go to every year.

R2x1
24-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Plenty of time yet to prepare for Xmas - 366 days left :)

Coaster
24-12-2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnrosVyamY&NR=1&feature=fvwp

gary67
25-12-2009, 08:45 AM
I spent a goodly part of yesterday packing for my tramping/caving trip tomorrow will be gone until the 31 Dec can't wait

Poppa John
25-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Just another day, so sad, inniit. PJ

R2x1
25-12-2009, 11:56 AM
That grinch missed the weather :D

hueybot3000
26-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Christmas was quiet this year, most the family was elsewhere, didnt even really get a buzz on from my rums, just another day really.

Only highlight was little sis getting a brand new honda 50 dirt bike, she was on top of the world. Xmas really is for kids though isnt it?

rob_on_guitar
26-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Yea, seeing as it doubles as my birthday it was a very quiet affair. 2nd xmas alone pretty much, the ex and baby took off in the arvo, my mum and co took off earlier, so i thought for once I will get a good nights sleep.
11 frikin hours worth! hell yea! feels great! SO I spent the day today tidying up the inside of the house, now having beers, tomorrow ill do the outside. Then beers.

lakewoodlady
27-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Quiet for me too, just not the same without hubby anymore. :crying
Son spent most of day playing new game, Half life. Ate too much, drank lots of bubbly.
Wanted RAM for lappy, didn't get it
Wanted big bag of money, didn't get that either
Did speak to daughter on Skype from USA, that was my highlight of the day!

LL