PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition analysis software for WIN XP

barryk
23-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I am doing a lot of work to improve my nutrition and have found out that FoodWorks (professional nutrition analysis software) can be bought from overseas for NZ$320, is that right? I think the selling price here in NZ for this software product is $800 or $1,000, right?

Are there any alternative nutrition analysis software products that can be recommended? Maybe there is such a product for $50 or $100?

Also, I saw a weighing machine for $200 that has a nutrition database that can show the exact nutrition content for something that is put on the weighing machine. Would this weighing machine meet my customer need for accurate food nutrition analysis and to enable me to design a properly nutritious diet?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

pctek
24-12-2009, 08:12 AM
You have to be kidding.
You want to buy software to help you with a particular diet?!

Eat a variety of things in moderation. There, that was free.

barryk
24-12-2009, 11:59 AM
The nutrition analysis software is to be more accurate with diet, for example how much Vitamin B would I need for energy each day. Another example is to work out what gaps there are with vitamins and foods e.g. iron.

PPp
24-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Google is your friend. Stick Recommended Daily Allowance
in and you will have all the information you need. You cannot micromanage your diet, just cover all the food groups in the right proportion, along with exercise will see you through.

plod
24-12-2009, 02:25 PM
And if all else fails, a couple of fingers down the throat

pctek
24-12-2009, 03:40 PM
The nutrition analysis software is to be more accurate with diet, for example how much Vitamin B would I need for energy each day.

You don't need to do all that.
Unless you live in a 3rd world starvation zone or you're in some nasty prisoner of war camp, you get all the nutrients you need eating balanced diet.

Just eat normally and avoid fads.

Renmoo
25-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Feel free to ask me questions about the Foodworks software - I am using it as part of my research work.

Unfortunately, I am not clear on the cost to get a licence in New Zealand. Perhaps you should ring up the 0800 number.

kjaada
26-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I just can not believe this post.
Are you for real ??

Renmoo
26-12-2009, 04:42 PM
I just can not believe this post.
Are you for real ??
Me?