PDA

View Full Version : All PressF1 users, what are you doing on christmas??

grahic
22-12-2009, 07:50 PM
To Queenstown for 3 days :D

my wish is to find a nice women. That would be a perfect present. (back to world of warcraft thread)

And also, what do you wish for christmas?

R2x1
22-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Farewelling Dragons.

Dammit.

Renmoo
22-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Attending a special brunch and dinner :)

beetle
22-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Farewelling Dragons.

Dammit.

Poor R2, when will you ever get to go wth the dragons? how long will they be away this time?

beetle :)

KarameaDave
22-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Hanging at home, Bronwyn has work.:crying
Heading to a friends on boxing day for 3 days,
will be fiddling with his collection of old Ataris
Commodore64s and Amigas while sampling
some Waipara wines.:banana:banana

Metla
22-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Applying tweaks to swimming pool.

Erayd
22-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Installing & setting up new PC hardware, playing canasta, sailing, cooking, reading, eating, washing dishes & sleeping.

johcar
22-12-2009, 10:49 PM
To Queenstown for 3 days :D

my wish is to find a nice women. That would be a perfect present. (back to world of warcraft thread)

And also, what do you wish for christmas?

At the risk of sounding like roddy_boy: "a" nice "women"????

The word "women" is plural, so "a" is inappropriate... So if you find yourself some nice women, won't that be asking for trouble? In my experience, women are territorial creatures who get quite upset if they think they have competition (like Elin Woods!!!).

However, getting back to the thread topic:

Sleep, beer, BBQ, beer, house-painting, beer, swimming, beer. Not necesarily in that order. Did I mention beer?

kenj
23-12-2009, 05:09 AM
11 for Christmas dinner. then has a sleep!!

Ken

somebody
23-12-2009, 05:44 AM
Sleep, beer, BBQ, beer, house-painting...

If you do things in that order, please post before and after photos of your house so we can admire your painting skills (or lack thereof).

gary67
23-12-2009, 05:55 AM
Spending as little time as possible at the family gathering on the big day (SWMBO's family) mine live on the other side of the world so have successfully avoided family Christmases for 9 years on my side. Going tramping boxing day 5 days

jcr1
23-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Milking cows with son (his worker is away 'till early January), in for a great Christmas breakfast, bottle of bubbly, snooze 'till pm milking. Then down to Hawera to daughters for the evening.

pcuser42
23-12-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm staying home all day. :D

We're not off on holiday until the end of January.

R2x1
23-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Poor R2, when will you ever get to go wth the dragons? how long will they be away this time?

beetle :)
Well, redundancy doesn't enhance travel plans all that much, but they should be back end of Jan., early Feb. depending on granny Dragon's health and what sort of price a fiendishly clever haggler can get on air fares. (Avoiding Airbus products of course.) Unlikely to be any Jeeps in the Duty Free bags though.

CYaBro
23-12-2009, 08:43 AM
My family has always done the Christmas thing on Christmas Eve, a German thing I think, then we go to the wife's family for breakfast on the day.
Then I think we are heading out to Lang's Cove to launch the new boat, one of those inflatable RIBS with a 140HP motor on the back!, then to Waipu for another Christmas party with grandparents.

SolMiester
23-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I have some nice new graphic clubs I'm looking forward to using....My firm also has some guest cards for one of the local knob courses, so I'm all set!

Edit - I see you mean christmas day not christmas break...presents 1st thing then lunch at parents

KarameaDave
23-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I have some nice new graphic clubs I'm looking forward to using.
Graphite? Or you make crude images with them?:D

rob_on_guitar
23-12-2009, 11:15 AM
bubs in the morning, then alone for the rest of the break. Probably guitar booze woman or something...

prefect
23-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I am going to start drinking sparkling wine as soon as I get up Xmas morning and will be blotto by end of day.
2 years ago on Xmas day got called out to fix truck but was too pissed to drive so the trucking firm sent a driver to my place to take me and my breakdown truck to the job.
Thought they wouldnt be impressed and would lose their work but they still joke about it and still use me.

wratterus
23-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Motorbike ride first thing in the morning, there is NO ONE on the road before about 8.30, go see family, ride places and see people until am to pissed to ride then go home and keep drinking!

Marnie
23-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Breakfast at home, either vogel's toast or croissants. Closely followed by the mandatory glass of bubbles. Santa arrives for first gift unwrapping ceremony. One small glass of bubbly for me, or I won't be capable of preparing the hors d'oeuvre (Roddy, did I spell that correctly?) and nibbly things to take out to family gathering in rural Pyes Pa. To the unwary, you don't even need to swallow sparkling wine for the alcohol effect, it can be absorbed through the roof of the mouth.
Anyway, happy Christmas to all and thanks for the 365 days of help and laughs enjoyed throughout 2009.

SolMiester
23-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Graphite? Or you make crude images with them?:D

LOL, oh yeah....affinty afs!

hueybot3000
23-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Lunch at parents with mum's family, dinner at aunites with dad's family, back to flat for pissup with friends I believe is the plan. Boxing day hopefully get out to the river with the bikes (little sis is getting a new one!)

Then Im moving a couple of days later so packing I guess, then after that 2 weeks of sitting on my ass, guitaring, drinking, computer games, drinking and blobbing

pctek
23-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

Sweep
23-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Well until yesterday I thought it was just me and a cat at home.

But I have been invited elsewhere for Christmas Day and I have taken the offer. Not much travelling as I can walk there.

wainuitech
23-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Xmas day - open a couple of pressies, lunch / BBQ at the inlaws with all the clan, 15-20 people - drink, more food, drink, talk crap. Walk home sometime - probably mute out in front of the TV. Next day BBQ our place, repeat previous day but no need to walk home :p

Just got back from doing the Xmas food shopping - I had one trolley SWMBO had the other - hers was food, food and more food, mine was full of beer, wine, chippies - I got some strange looks :rolleyes: -- poor old car was kind of down in the back end :lol: - gotta love that Xmas club the Mrs has been using all year - only had to pay out $150.

Rest of the time,try to catch up on several smaller jobs around here, and tidy the workshop-- (famous last words):D

If the weathers nice we may just up and go out for a day or so where ever we feel like going.

Stay safe peoples and hope every one has a happy time what ever you are doing (SANTA SMILEY) :)

prefect
23-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Have a good one Wanui thanks for computer help.

Trev
24-12-2009, 06:25 AM
As this is a public forum, I won't divulge such sensitive information.
:)

Speedy Gonzales
24-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Going to a BBQ tomorrow. Thats about it. Unless someone picks me up, I wont be going anywhere else after that

Greg
24-12-2009, 06:59 AM
What I'll be doing is the same as I have for the last few weeks - waiting impatiently for all the Xmas shizza to be over and done with.

davidmmac
24-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Having a big feed :D

pcuser42
24-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Our garage is all decorated for Friday now.

(Yes, it's Christmas in the garage this year.)

plod
24-12-2009, 07:45 AM
heading to my brothers, which is a 2 minute walk. Will be the first time since we have had kids we haven't had to drive somewhere or had people over. Looking forward to eating and then making the quick dash home when I'm over it. Kids will find there own way home when they get bored.

Nomad
24-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Just another day. We are not that much into gifts, probably food and family get togethers. Clean the car for a Boxing Day drive to Auckland for a few nights trying out the (chinese) food there ....

We have a Christmas tree in the front lawn (without lights or decorations), never had a tree indoors thou.