PDA

View Full Version : Itunes store basics

aidanmaz
20-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I have an new Ipod touch 64GB, and neer really used itunes except to get buy an app or so, if i wanted to purchase a movie, would i be able to watch it on my pc as well as my ipod? or is it stuck to what every i purchased it on (either the pc or the Ipod)
Also i noticed when syncing my ipod with my pc, my apps on the touch stop working after a sync, they crash before executing, i have the latest version of the OS and itunes, and i dont wanna lose an app i paid for.

Blam
20-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Regarding you second problem-Try SSHing to your Touch and copying the .ipa file manually over then running it

Blam

plod
20-12-2009, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE]I have read a lot of the postings about restoring and loading back up files to get your third part apps working again. I had the same problem with my apps not loading and found a post last night that worked like a charm.

All you have to do is open up the apps store on our phone and download any new app; pick something small like a free flash light and install it. That is it!

After that all my apps started working again. I guess it is something about the apps store and the phone syncing or complete an installation. Sucks that you have to install something but atleast you can always delete it. Luckly it just takes a minute. Makes me not want to sync my iphone all that often but it beats the head ache of restoring and loading back up files. Simple easy fix. I wish I could take credit for it, so instead I am sharing the love.
/QUOTE]
Taken from macrumors forum, don't know if it works

Speedy Gonzales
20-12-2009, 02:43 PM
If it stops syncing altogether, this is a known isses with P55 chipset mobos. Which affects Iphones, but may also affect other Ipods

There maybe a BIOS update to fix this issue

davidmmac
20-12-2009, 04:28 PM
if i wanted to purchase a movie, would i be able to watch it on my pc as well as my ipod?

Yes, as far as I am aware you can an itunes movie on your PC, iPod and an Apple TV, however you can't burn a itunes movie to dvd (the usual DRM issues :groan:).

More info here. (http://www.apple.com/nz/itunes/how-to/#video-movies)

wainuitech
20-12-2009, 05:29 PM
however you can't burn a itunes movie to dvd (the usual DRM issues ). Thats actually technically not correct - I can watch any of the Itunes Movies I purchased from DVD. You can burn them in their native format as downloaded to DVD - and play on any of the 6 Devices with Itunes/Quick time that are licensed to play them.

You cant recode them to standard DVD format though.

davidmmac
20-12-2009, 08:49 PM
You cant recode them to standard DVD format though.

Yeah thats what I meant, should have been a bit more descriptive :o