PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Internet Connection

Cyberhuskey
19-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry, my question may seem easy or idiotic but I have no experience in this area and therefore would appreciate any help.

So far I've only used cabled broadband at home. What will I have to do that my laptop can use my friend's wireless internet connection when visiting him. My laptop has a wireless card installed.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

PinoyKiw
19-12-2009, 09:57 AM
I am not that familair with wireless but...........shouldn't be that much different from accessing the public wireless at the library or airport.

When at your friends place, have your laptop wireless on of course, seek out nearby wireless connections, find his one, connect to it.

If he has Wap or other encrypted wireless, then he will have to give you the password for accessing it.

You should then be able to browse the web but unsure if you would be able to use your mail client for emails.

Blam
19-12-2009, 02:52 PM
All you gotta do is open up the Network and Sharing Centre(Or double click the wireless icon in XP) and connect.

If it requires a key, ask your friend for it.

Once its done, it should connect automatically any time you're in range of the network

Blam