PDA

View Full Version : iPhone vs Magic - Any local hands on experience?

Chilling_Silence
17-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm liking the sounds of the Magic, and my battery's barely lasting a day these days on my 3G iPhone :(

Thought's on the Magic from any PF1 locals? Anybody have it?
I'm tempted to go find a Vodafone store that has it, even though I'm on XT :D

plod
17-12-2009, 09:37 PM
No hands on experience, but make sure it has the latest android 2.0 and not 1.5. Phones with 1.5 are not guaranteed being abled to upgrade to 2.0.

Renmoo
17-12-2009, 10:09 PM
beeswax34 has a Magic, I believe.

Chilling_Silence
17-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah apparently there's two "versions" of it....

lagbort
17-12-2009, 11:36 PM
My Mother has a magic and I have a iPhone 3gs.

The magic is quite nice to use, the touchscreen is responsive and things are generally handled without slowdown or lag. The interface is not as intuitive as that of the iPhone and the android store is unbearably slow and difficult to use compared to the apple store, also for some reason txting is a pain, the phone seems to be less responsive when writing a txt then when doing anything else...

As a phone it is very good, almost as nice to use as the iPhone but for all the ancillary stuff it doesn't come close unfortunately.

dlane
18-12-2009, 07:09 AM
My HTC Hero (the model after the Magic) is excellent. It's not widely available in NZ yet, but I got it via Oz through TradeMe. I've had it for over a month, and am very happy with it. It's currently running Android 1.5, but will have an upgrade to 2.1 available in the next month or so. Performance is excellent, including the interface. I highly recommend it (I even have iPhone owners coveting it in preference to their more expensive and more locked down phones).

beeswax34
18-12-2009, 03:13 PM
beeswax34 has a Magic, I believe.

Nope, still on my HTC Touch Diamond, waiting for the HD2 (Leo). I've had a play with the Magic at Vodafone and its not very impressive in terms of the hardware or Android for that matter. Maybe the newer builds of Android are better but I'd head for something else CS.