PDA

View Full Version : Hardly Normal - what a pathetic web-site !

decibel
16-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Here's me looking to spend a grand on a lap-top and all these people have is a picture of the PAPER junk-mail!

kenj
16-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Quite agree :thumbs:

Ken

xyz823
16-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Mmmmm its totally useless.

Blam
16-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Try Dick Smith.

Free Shipping too(on order $50+)

xyz823
16-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Try Dick Smith.

Free Shipping too(on order $50+)

I quite like noel leeming aswell. But I would also be having a look at computerlounge, ascent and maybe pbtech. Theres probably a heap more but you will usually get a better deal from one of those rather than a large retailer.

CYaBro
16-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Please don't buy a computer/laptop from a toaster shop!
Check out the ones darkstar09 mentioned.

KarameaDave
16-12-2009, 05:41 PM
+1 Toaster shops are rubbish, the sales staff lie and the so called techs are a sad joke!!!

Blam
16-12-2009, 06:07 PM

I find that DSE does have pretty good deals sometimes, as long as you ignore the stupid salespersons:p

CYaBro
16-12-2009, 06:33 PM
I find that DSE does have pretty good deals sometimes, as long as you ignore the stupid salespersons:p

I'm not saying "Don't use them" because they are expensive, most of the time you can get great deals from the toaster shops and interest free with no payments until the cows come home etc etc.
I'm saying "Don't use them" because the after sales service will be hopeless at best. If they do have their own techs they are usually not very good (I know as I worked at one of these places straight out of school) and if they don't then your machine will have to be sent away to who-knows-where for repair and could be away for 2-3 weeks.

jwil1
16-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I'd go look at a laptop in a store so you get a feel for it, then buy it from Ascent/Playtech etc.

--Wolf--
16-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm not saying "Don't use them" because they are expensive, most of the time you can get great deals from the toaster shops and interest free with no payments until the cows come home etc etc.
I'm saying "Don't use them" because the after sales service will be hopeless at best. If they do have their own techs they are usually not very good (I know as I worked at one of these places straight out of school) and if they don't then your machine will have to be sent away to who-knows-where for repair and could be away for 2-3 weeks.

Exactly.

I don't think I've ever paid full price at Harvey Normans. Always talk them down in price, or if you know it's cheaper elsewhere ask them to match it.

Everyone here saying don't buy from Harvey Normans (although their normal retail price is most of the time higher than other places) just don't know how to get a good deal. Especially around me, Harvey Normans will normally ALWAYS have stock of whatever I'm after, compared to say Noel Leemings or even DSE on the odd occasion and HN are just around the corner.

xyz823
16-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Exactly.

I don't think I've ever paid full price at Harvey Normans. Always talk them down in price, or if you know it's cheaper elsewhere ask them to match it.

Everyone here saying don't buy from Harvey Normans (although their normal retail price is most of the time higher than other places) just don't know how to get a good deal. Especially around me, Harvey Normans will normally ALWAYS have stock of whatever I'm after, compared to say Noel Leemings or even DSE on the odd occasion and HN are just around the corner.

Yep I do sometimes buy things from DSE or HN or NL and find the best online price and talk them down to match it.

It just depends on what the item is and weather or on not I need it ASAP.

FoxyMX
16-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Here's me looking to spend a grand on a lap-top and all these people have is a picture of the PAPER junk-mail!

What really gets my goat is that their Aussie website has products that you can browse for. We are ripped off. :mad: :mad: