PDA

View Full Version : Windows Mouse Button Configeration

Sammy
16-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi there
I have a Microsoft Natural Wireless Mouse 7000 (MS Intellipoint software) and I want to be able to program one of the multitude of buttons to forward onto the next audio track in media player while keeping media player minimised (some keyboards can do this Ė why not my mouse!)
Mr Google harps on about APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_NEXTTRACK but I donít understand where/how to use this command
Help!

Speedy Gonzales
16-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Doesnt intellipoint let you do it?

Sammy
16-12-2009, 02:40 PM
it has every generic option under the sun, and it has "application specific" options - but you need to have athe application as the active window for it to work - i want to be able to do this while opperating other applications

thanks

MushHead
16-12-2009, 03:18 PM
It may be possible to write a small VBscript program that will execute the Windows PostMessage() function & then set IntelliPoint to run that script (via Windows Shell Scripting engine). Got to go out for the next 3 hours or so, so can't give you details - hopefully will point you in the right direction in the meantime.

MushHead
17-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Found a good Perl example here (http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2007/01/22/application-command-events-with-perl.html). Trying to figure out the equivalent VBS...

Sammy
17-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks MushHead - when it comes to scripting please consider me a complete dummy.

MushHead
17-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm a bit of a noob at this also. The consensus amongst the sites I've Googled on this seems to be that there's no way to do the equivalent in VBScript - possibly for security reasons. Also, the VBScript "SendKeys" function, which was my original idea, is apparently disabled in Vista.

Possibly going the Perl route might work, or even C# - MS does a free compiler for that