PDA

View Full Version : Out of the mouth of children.......

beetle
15-12-2009, 09:18 PM
My son has just watched a tv ad, that shows a car accident, 2 guys in a ute, one driving and crash, and one is dead. and one is yelling and panicking. and yes he is awake after the hour of 8.30, we had school prize giving......

he asked............ how does alcohol make you silly.......

well .............. for me who does not drink alcohol, but had some very yukky memories of when i did, went blank.......lol and wondered, how to explain in childrens language.........

so any suggestions that are not vulgar and rude...... ? :p

lol

he just thinks it makes you silly........

oh the life learning this child has to do........ :p

beetle :)

pcuser42
15-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Possibly - "It slows down your brain and makes you do stupid things."

Blam
15-12-2009, 09:31 PM
How old is he?

You learn alot about that stuff in high school(in your Health class)

Renmoo
15-12-2009, 09:52 PM
"Well honey, the part in the brain that allows you to think properly is not working very well under the influence of alcohol"

Metla
15-12-2009, 09:53 PM
My boy asked for some bourbon in his cup as he saw me sipping on it.

I said nah, This drink makes you stupid and sick, and only adults drink it.

Lmfao. He gave a look like adults were just too stupid for words.

Metla
15-12-2009, 09:54 PM
"Well honey, the part in the brain that allows you to think properly is not working very well under the influence of alcohol"

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OM

That's the sound that makes shooting right over the head of the child.....

--Wolf--
15-12-2009, 10:14 PM
What the hell are you looking at?

GET THE HELL OFF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beetle
15-12-2009, 10:15 PM
LOL well he has a few years to go before high school.......

its like his last question.........whats baubely ? sp ? off that christmas add with the christmes decorations all over it, and its tilting? K mart maybe?

sigh, i spose its better than Why? what for? or what you doing?

beetle :)

Trev
15-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Let him stand in the middle of the room and let him spin around for a couple of minutes, then till him to stop then ask him to walk and then ask him could he drive a car like that or something like that.
:)

R2x1
15-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Being drunk is what enables ordinary people to act like politicians.

Except it goes away in the morning, but you feel sick. Politicians make everyone else ill day and night and they fail to go away.

beeswax34
15-12-2009, 11:03 PM
"It makes you do stupid things and then forget about doing those stupid things"

qazwsxokmijn
15-12-2009, 11:13 PM
"It makes you do stupid things and then forget about doing those stupid things"
This.

pctek
16-12-2009, 07:52 AM
he asked............ how does alcohol make you silly.......

Because it affects the brain and makes you stop thinking properly so you do things you would be horrified to do when sober.

Greg
16-12-2009, 09:46 AM
for me who does not drink alcohol
So, um, how do you take your alcohol??? :stare:

pcuser42
16-12-2009, 09:48 AM
So, um, how do you take your alcohol??? :stare:

He obviously doesn't. :p

Greg
16-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Winston Churchill is purported to have said once something like... Yes madam. I am drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober. However, in the morning you will still be ugly.

rob_on_guitar
16-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Just tell him alcohol gives you girl germs.

pcuser42
16-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Just tell him alcohol gives you girl germs.

:lol:

Morgenmuffel
16-12-2009, 04:15 PM
He obviously doesn't. :p
I thought Beetle was of the sausageless variety?

beetle
16-12-2009, 04:43 PM
LOL i like the spin and dizzy idea.........

And yes this is my son and i am his Mum! :D

this is maybe where a gender icon should be close to your avatar? :p

and as to the alcohol............ i havent had a alcoholic drink for at least 2 yrs? possibly longer???? Alcohol has never been a big part of my life, my best friend was killed when i was 16, she was a passenger in a drink drive accident, so it sorta killed the need to prove myself and drink.
but yes i have in the past consumed alcohol, but not really enjoyed it?
so yeah guess im a bit more odd than you thought :p
:)
beetle

kenj
16-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Alcohol has never been a big part of my life, my best friend was killed when i was 16, she was a passenger in a drink drive accident, so it sorta killed the need to prove myself and drink.

There you go beetle, tell him exactly that.

Ken

hueybot3000
16-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Alcohol can bring the best and the worst out of people, personally I'm a big drinker, but a happy one.

Anyway, Just tell him that being drunk is just one big session of embarassing yourself

prefect
16-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Same here Huey I am a heavy drinker, I drink to forget. When drunk my worries all seem to disappear. I consider myself a happy drunk when young used to do some real stupid things on the piss blardy lucky I am still alive with all my limbs. Now being an old fart I just get drunk and blob out and listen to ONJ or similar at full vol on the sounds.
Tell your son its part of European culture not a good part of European culture but a part.

beeswax34
17-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Winston Churchill is purported to have said once something like... Yes madam. I am drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober. However, in the morning you will still be ugly.

Often botched in the re-telling, the correct version, according to an MP who claimed to have witnessed the notorious exchange, was:

Mr. Churchill, you are drunk.

Madame, you are ugly.

Mr. Churchill, you are extremely drunk!

And you, Madame, are extremely ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober.

hueybot3000
17-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Same here Huey I am a heavy drinker, I drink to forget. When drunk my worries all seem to disappear. I consider myself a happy drunk when young used to do some real stupid things on the piss blardy lucky I am still alive with all my limbs. Now being an old fart I just get drunk and blob out and listen to ONJ or similar at full vol on the sounds.
Tell your son its part of European culture not a good part of European culture but a part.

I have done stupid things when drinking, was alot younger though, starting drinkin most weekends just after my 16th birthday. No real harm came of it.

Now that me and mates are all out of home there is less rebel feel to it so we generally just chill out with music, occasionally the doobies might make an appearance but its all with the intentions of relaxing.

I think the days of wandering the streets and passing out on the floor are over for me, plus after a few years I think ive grown a bit more tolerant :lol:

Greg
17-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the correction Bees. Those lines are classic!