PDA

View Full Version : Removing >>>

B.M.
14-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Does Firefox have a plug-in or what is that little programme that removes the >>> at the start of each line in some E-Mails? :thanks

Speedy Gonzales
14-12-2009, 09:41 AM
What email client are you talking about thats got the >>>?? If its OE, or Windows Mail, then probably not. Its not related to firefox

John H
14-12-2009, 09:46 AM
(snip) what is that little programme that removes the >>> at the start of each line in some E-Mails? :thanks

eCleaner

Hmmm, just checked for availability, and it appears as though it has now gone commercial, and is no longer free. However, this link is to the original developer of the free version, and on this page you can find a link to the last version (freeware) that he developed.
http://ecleaner.tripod.com/

PinoyKiw
14-12-2009, 12:11 PM
http://www.papercut.com/emailStripper.htm

Very simple to use, just copy and paste, have used it in Outlook Express and Thunderbird and probably works just as well in other email clients.

And it is free as well.

Zippity
14-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Try editing your "send emails" setup :)

PinoyKiw
14-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Or as Zippity has correctly pointed out..........

At least in Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options > Send and then click on the options under Mail Sending Format click the Plain Text Settings and untick the > option.

Learn something new everyday, wasn't aware of this option myself till just now.

Zippity
14-12-2009, 01:48 PM
:)

John H
14-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Or as Zippity has correctly pointed out..........

At least in Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options > Send and then click on the options under Mail Sending Format click the Plain Text Settings and untick the > option.

Learn something new everyday, wasn't aware of this option myself till just now.

Yes, that deals to emails you send. I assumed BM was wanting to remove the >> from incoming emails, or email threads. eCleaner will do that, but Outlook Express won't. Perhaps BM could be clearer about what s/he wants to achieve?

B.M.
14-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks guyís, that ecleaner programme of Johnís is what I wanted and it did the trick. :thumbs:

I used to use that programme all the time (but Iíd forgotten its name) because I got a lot of E-Mails with those dreaded >>>ís. However, I havenít had one for years and now all of a sudden I get three in a day. :eek: Donít tell me having that turned on is becoming fashionable again. :groan:

Anyway, all fixed and thanks again everyone. :thumbs: