PDA

View Full Version : Freeview receivers with PVR recording HD

Krad
13-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking of getting into Freeview but with the multiple TV channels from the satellite as well as the NZ ones.
Does anyone know the pros and cons of the Ultraplus F-9000HD PVR Digital satellite receiver/PVR and the Topfield TF6000PVR ES HDMI Digital Satellite receiver/PVR?
I want to record both SD and HD programs.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Blam
13-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Why are you not considering DVB-T PVRs?(opening you to the possibility of receiving Freeview HD)

Trev
13-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking of getting into Freeview but with the multiple TV channels from the satellite as well as the NZ ones.
Does anyone know the pros and cons of the Ultraplus F-9000HD PVR Digital satellite receiver/PVR and the Topfield TF6000PVR ES HDMI Digital Satellite receiver/PVR?
I want to record both SD and HD programs.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Ask Here.
http://www.nzdtv.com/forum/
:)

plod
13-12-2009, 11:58 AM
You will only get SD through satalite

gary67
13-12-2009, 12:29 PM
In Nelson that's all you can get no HD down here

Krad
13-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Why are you not considering DVB-T PVRs?(opening you to the possibility of receiving Freeview HD)

What do you mean by DVB-T PVRs? How many types of satellite receiver PVRs are there to choose from for SD & HD recording ?

Speedy Gonzales
13-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Satellite DOESN'T support HD. It wont matter WHAT satellite DVB-S recorder you get, you wont get HD. If you want HD, you'll have to get a terrestrial recorder. DVB-T - terrestrial

paulw
13-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Satellite DOESN'T support HD. It wont matter WHAT satellite DVB-S recorder you get, you wont get HD.

Depends if you can pickup the like of SBS in Ozz. It's in HD..

Blam
13-12-2009, 09:50 PM
What do you mean by DVB-T PVRs? How many types of satellite receiver PVRs are there to choose from for SD & HD recording ?

In NZ you have two options to receive your TV

1. DVB-S(Satellite)

or

2. DVB-T(terrestrial)

You can check if you have coverage for both these services here:
http://www.freeviewnz.tv/all_about_freeview/coverage

Only the 2nd offers NZ Channels in HD

Blam

Speedy Gonzales
14-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Depends if you can pickup the like of SBS in Ozz. It's in HD..

Well, we're not talking about oz are we?

Krad
14-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Satellite DOESN'T support HD. It wont matter WHAT satellite DVB-S recorder you get, you wont get HD. If you want HD, you'll have to get a terrestrial recorder. DVB-T - terrestrial

Thanks for that. I cannot get UHF reception in my location so Terrestial is out anyway. So it's back to the drawing board as I wanted HD from Freeview but that is obviously not possible. Can I not pick up Australian broadcasts in HD from the satellite receivers as the advertising implies you can e.g Topfield TF5050CI, Topfield TF6000PVR ES and Ultraplus F-9000HD PVR from FreeViewShop?

Speedy Gonzales
14-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I have no idea, never had a satellite receiver. You would have to send an email to the guys @ freeview.. I'm using a DVB-T tuner at the mo. It does a good enough job. A lot cheaper, than buying a box for the TV. Might invest in an LCD with it on one day. When I can be bothered saving up for one

Cicero
14-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I

. Might invest in an LCD with it on one day. When I can be bothered saving up for one

Now don't go tiring yourself out Speedy.

Speedy Gonzales
14-12-2009, 06:58 PM
lol i wont :p

Krad
15-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I have no idea, never had a satellite receiver. You would have to send an email to the guys @ freeview.. I'm using a DVB-T tuner at the mo. It does a good enough job. A lot cheaper, than buying a box for the TV. Might invest in an LCD with it on one day. When I can be bothered saving up for one

Yes - will email FreeViewShop for more information and for any receiver reviews. Thanks for your help. Go well.

paulw
15-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Well, we're not talking about oz are we?

You were talking about satellite. SBS HD is on the satellite.

Speedy Gonzales
15-12-2009, 10:40 PM
But is it in NZ?

apsattv
15-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Yes
SBS Australia in HD is currently on a transponder that beams also to New Zealand.

You can even tweak a Freeview satellite receiver to tune into it.