PDA

View Full Version : XL Chart Comment

B.M.
12-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Anybody tell me how to add a Comment to an XL Chart. Now I want to add it to the Chart not the Cell.

Itís a simple X:Y line chart and I want to explain certain peaks and troughs.

XL 2002 is the XL version in use.

Iíve found a couple of explanations on Google but donít seem to be able to get any to work. :confused: :thanks

wainuitech
12-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Have you tried This step (http://www.yourdictionary.com/computer/xl-charts) number 3 & 4 ( mainly3) - or is that not what you are after.

Edited: Also found this if its of any help:
Adding text to an existing chart in Microsoft Excel.

You can add text to an existing chart in Microsoft Excel. To do this:

* Open the View menu, select Toolbars and click on Drawing.
* Click the Text Box tool (The button with little document with an 'A' on it) and use your mouse to draw your text box.
* Now, just type in the text that you want.

B.M.
12-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Not really what I'm after unfortunately.

I want to be able to add a Comment to a selected point on a Line Chart that would look similar to a comment added to a Cell.

wainuitech
12-12-2009, 10:58 AM
OK think I understand -- do you mean something like the example attached ( image f1 is down) bit hard to read picture, text highlighted -- Just made up some random figures While its done in 2007 - IF thats what you need it was done by opening the chart - from insert select text box left click and hold down where you want the text. Expand box - type in comment click out/ save.

B.M.
12-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Problem solved. :clap

The above reference to the "Drawing Toolbar" gave me the clue.

So I just dragged a rectangle onto the chart, inserted text, resized and repositioned box and then inserted Arrow pointing to reference point.

There is probably more ways to skin the cat but this one worked for me. :)

:thanks for the clue Wainui.

wainuitech
12-12-2009, 11:45 AM
:thumbs: :p Had to get there sooner or later.

Like many things it's not always easy to find unless you do it often.