PDA

View Full Version : sound output problem

Xavier
11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey guys,

just got me this motherboard: http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/374871/?s= from gathixpower, but before i nag the guy (who seems really really good) I was wondering what other options I have to fix a sound issue:

I've done a clean install of windows XP and have downloaded and installed the drivers of the onboard realtec soundchip however when the speakers (logitech 2.1 speakers) are plugged into the green (Audio out) jack, there is no output (with the sound set to desktop speakers in control panel and 2 channel mode for stereo speaker output in realtec ac97 audio configuration control panel) and theres no sound.

If I change the AC97 audio configuration to 4.1 (4 channel mode for 4 speaker output) and plug in the speaker in the blue (line in - as it is now in 4ch mode) there is sound output - media player works but youtube does not give sound output.

The green audio jack (line out) seems dead in windows applications such as media player, vlc,winamp, firefox or internet explorer.
The blue line in jack (line in) seems to output sound if configured to 4.1/6.1ch sound and works with windows applications such as media player, vlc, winamp but not mozilla firefox or internet explorer.
The pink mic-in jack (mic in) seems to output sound if configured to 4.1/6.1ch sound and works with windows applications such as media player, vlc, winamp but not mozilla firefox or internet explorer.

if you guys have any suggestion or combos you know of trouble shooting this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Alk.

CYaBro
12-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Have you connected the audio ports on the front/side of the case to the header on the mainboard? If so try that socket and see if it works. Or try disconnecting it from the mainboard and see if the back socket starts working.

Xavier
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I've not connected the front panel audio to the motherboard... i felt lazy :P... however i did notice that where the front panel audio connects, the jumpers were missing. Aren't there jumpers there to terminate the audio from passing through to the front panel?

CYaBro
12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Not on the newer boards with HD audio but that one most likely should have jumpers or the front audio ports connected.