Great idea Twelvevolts....

Below are mine

Ken ;)

wainuitech
09-12-2009, 08:33 PM
:D Is that the sound of silence ken ???

Twelvevolts
09-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I guess you gave up when Sinatra passed on.

kenj
09-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I guess you gave up when Sinatra passed on.

:D:D

Ken

wratterus
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Kings of Leon - Only By the Night
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Clubbers Guide 2009 Stafford Bros
Ministry of Sound Annual 2005 john course+goodwill

Plenty more that don't come to mind right now.

Trev
10-12-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm a bit like Ken but not the Sinatra years more like The Beatles, Pink Floyd years. Talking about music, I had a dream last night and Mick Jagger was in it don't know why not even a fan of there music strange.
:)

Twelvevolts
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Kings of Leon - Only By the Night
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Clubbers Guide 2009 Stafford Bros
Ministry of Sound Annual 2005 john course+goodwill

Plenty more that don't come to mind right now.

I've been a fan of Kings Of Leon since the first album but Only By Night was disappointing for me, not quite as disappointing as the second Enemy album but not in the same class as Aha Shake Heartbreak.

I have to laugh though, my kids listen to Metallica (although Iron Maiden is clearly their favourite) but never got why they're popular.

Once upon a time parents listened to the old music and kids to the new music - in our house it is the other way around.

Metla
10-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Your kids clearly have superiour taste in music, Their Ma must be something special.

Your not the Lady in the family are you?

Personally I found 2009 to be a suck year for music, Though Endgame is killer and the new Alice in Chains album went down mighty fine.

Just occurred to me that "The Devil you know" was also released this year, I haven't played it for a fair while, Might have to get her out so I can give her a second chance listen.

Twelvevolts
10-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Your kids clearly have superiour taste in music, Their Ma must be something special.

Your not the Lady in the family are you?

Personally I found 2009 to be a suck year for music, Though Endgame is killer and the new Alice in Chains album went down mighty fine.

Just occurred to me that "The Devil you know" was also released this year, I haven't played it for a fair while, Might have to get her out so I can give her a second chance listen.

Well I doubt anything you listen to will ever win a music award, at least my kids are starting to grow out of metal, one even went to the Arctic Monkeys concert in Wellington.

Metla
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
What the hell is a music award?

LMFAO.

Awards, Music, very funny.:D:D:D

An album such as Master of Puppets stands alongside the greatest albums ever made, Not because its metal,not because of any awards but due to how good every aspect of the album is. Whats to grow out of?

No Sleep to Hammersmith stands proud as a giant slab of legendary English Rock n Roll, It would kill and eat any twat handing out awards, They have zero relevance on anything apart from twat critics trying to justify their views.

I for one find it hard to fathom how the British music industry has fallen to its current state. When for so long it was so strong, a world leader, and now its just piss weak and pathetic. Horrible little bands making horrible little music. They need to man up.

gary67
10-12-2009, 07:12 PM
You never grow out of Metal. Metal is for life not just for Christmas, if you grow out of it you were never really into it :thumbs::thumbs:

Motorhead the best live show I have ever attended and soooo loud

Metla
10-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Just for you 12v, and your kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBtjSHm3ZH0

Though beware, Its probably never won any awards, and it is excellent entertainment.

Richard
10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
What an utter load of crap. Sorry Mets, but it is!

Metla
10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
What an utter load of crap. Sorry Mets, but it is!

:dogeye::stare::lol::D

Twelvevolts
11-12-2009, 06:00 AM
What the hell is a music award?

LMFAO.

Awards, Music, very funny.:D:D:D

An album such as Master of Puppets stands alongside the greatest albums ever made, Not because its metal,not because of any awards but due to how good every aspect of the album is. Whats to grow out of?

No Sleep to Hammersmith stands proud as a giant slab of legendary English Rock n Roll, It would kill and eat any twat handing out awards, They have zero relevance on anything apart from twat critics trying to justify their views.

I for one find it hard to fathom how the British music industry has fallen to its current state. When for so long it was so strong, a world leader, and now its just piss weak and pathetic. Horrible little bands making horrible little music. They need to man up.

British music industry is at strongest point since seventies - it's just moved on from what you like. Music evolves - unlike you.

Metla
11-12-2009, 07:36 AM
British music industry is at strongest point since seventies - it's just moved on from what you like. Music evolves - unlike you.

And a Merry Christmas to you as well.

LMFAO.

Anyway, Seems to me its repeating itself not evolving, and getting weaker and more derivative with each cycle.

If the great music of the last few decades has evolved into worthless prats like Pete Doherty then the British music industry is dead.

Cicero
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Can't wait to see Terry's picks.

Probably starts with......

Metallic mayhem on the loose
Molten rock provides the juice

Fifthdawn
11-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I would have to say that this year has been terrible for music.

I'm looking forward to the next generation of music, at least a lot of the rappers seem to have decided that actually singing is the way to go... (most of them need to man up a bit and stop with the constant whinging)

Ill stick with real music rather than manufactured pop/rock/rap thanks. :)

ubergeek85
11-12-2009, 04:05 PM
This year's music has either sucked, or been repeated to death (thus sucking), or never been popular.

Look at smashproof. I sorta liked it when it first came out. Now I want to tear my ears off whenever I hear it. Same with tiki.

I vote for... nothing. Maybe the new Alice in Chains album, but I haven't had a chance to listen to any of it other than the single, which is ok IMO.

I vote for Slipknot's All Hope is Gone, released last year.

Metla
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
An Alice in Chains album is like a book, You need to experience the work from cover to cover to get the full experience.

Cicero
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
An Alice in Chains album is like a book, You need to experience the work from cover to cover to get the full experience.

That is if one can stand the pain.:rolleyes:

You could try Matt Munroe.

Metla
11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
That is if one can stand the pain.:rolleyes:

Alice in Chains albums are full of texture, mood, and pain, and it can be heavy going and hard to sit through, Its not for everyone, or for every mood,But at least at the end of it, as it winds down, You feel like you have experienced a great work.

Of course, Its not for everyone, and their is the argument its all contrived bullshit.....Which may even make it qualify as art:lol:

Twelvevolts
12-12-2009, 08:35 AM
And a Merry Christmas to you as well.

LMFAO.

Anyway, Seems to me its repeating itself not evolving, and getting weaker and more derivative with each cycle.

If the great music of the last few decades has evolved into worthless prats like Pete Doherty then the British music industry is dead.

Each to their own - I had Metallica down as worthless prats myself and Doherty as a genius. But why not just list your top five albums and we can then all listen to them and make our own call. I doubt you listened to any of the five I listed but I sure heard plenty of Metallica.

Metla
12-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Metallica haven't made a good album since 1988, So I have no idea what you have heard. Their output since then I would rank as below crap.

5 albums?, I don't have 5 for 2009, Though I did mention three in an earlier post.

Funny enough I have heard three of the five you posted, Though not in their entirety as I found more interesting things to do.

kenj
12-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Golly gosh there chaps.. I can see pistols at dawn coming up!!

Ken :)

Twelvevolts
12-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't think the Pistols are reforming.

Twelvevolts
12-12-2009, 12:13 PM
But NME have made The Horrors - Primary Colours as album of the year.