PDA

View Full Version : itunes users please help

globe
08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Is there a way of getting itunes to automatically populate the genre section of the music info (for multiple songs).

Genre in my itunes is a mess and want to sort it out. Thought i could delete all the genre tags then let itunes do the rest. Rather not do it manually with 7000+ songs.

Cheers

wainuitech
08-12-2009, 06:51 PM
On the very right of the Gene tab/box click it and there is an up and down arrow, it will arrange automatically - mine does any way High lighted area (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Itunes1260255087.jpg)

globe
08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
On the very right of the Gene tab/box click it and there is an up and down arrow, it will arrange automatically - mine does any way High lighted area (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Itunes1260255087.jpg)

I am after it automatically chosing the genre and entering this information into itunes - not arranging the data that is already there, thanks anyway

the_bogan
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I am after it automatically chosing the genre and entering this information into itunes - not arranging the data that is already there, thanks anyway

Not that I'm aware of. Also, (This is more for the rock/metal people out there)

Itunes detects Def Leppard as Metal.
Eternal Tears of Sorrow as electronic.
Sinergy as dance.
Beyond Dawn as dance/electronica.

plod
08-12-2009, 08:20 PM
like this

read your previous post, not what you were after

plod
08-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Wouldn't that depend on how well your files are tagged

globe
09-12-2009, 04:55 PM
like this

read your previous post, not what you were after

Think both my posts are quite clear. Am after a programme or way of itunes automatically populating the genre section for the songs. Not sorting but filling in the genre type for me.

plod
09-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Whenever I import music into itunes, it accesses gracenote and sort the genre out automaticly

Speedy Gonzales
09-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Depends where the music comes from youre adding. By the looks of it, if its with a cd, it should add whatever. Or you can do it manually by right mouse on all the entries

wainuitech
09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
When you rip music from a CD, itunes has the option to look up all that information automatically, or get it from the actual CD. If someone downloads stuff thats lets say not so legal , then theres a good chance that info wont be there. Legally downloaded music Through itunes does have all the info including cover art - just looked.

I know what you are wanting, but it wont be to easy to locate a program that will automatically look up the info when the tags are not there in the first place.

Following on from what speedy suggested you can right click the song / get Info / Info Tab / then manually put it in artist etc - down the bottom select the Genre. since you have lots -- will take a while.

josh2200
09-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Globe, there are a few programs out there which clean up the music.
Eg. Proper titles, artists, album art, genre etc.

I have used a Program called "tuneup" before.
Here's there site: http://www.tuneupmedia.com/

Ive used it before and found it very useful.

wainuitech
09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Globe, there are a few programs out there which clean up the music.
Eg. Proper titles, artists, album art, genre etc.

I have used a Program called "tuneup" before.
Here's there site: http://www.tuneupmedia.com/

Ive used it before and found it very useful. looks interesting :thumbs: -- I see the free version only does 100 Songs-- bit of a bummer.

Mind you $29.95 USA isn't to bad I spose if you want to pay for unlimited usage.

josh2200
09-12-2009, 06:39 PM
looks interesting :thumbs: -- I see the free version only does 100 Songs-- bit of a bummer.

Mind you $29.95 USA isn't to bad I spose if you want to pay for unlimited usage.

Its a good program, i ended up using it as i couldn't find any free alternatives.

wainuitech
09-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Its a good program, i ended up using it as i couldn't find any free alternatives. Cool :D might give it a go, got several songs I have ripped from CD's which the Tags didn't come across just track 1,2,3,4 etc

globe
09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
just downloaded tuneup and it is a real good program. am seriously thinking about buying it to keep the old iunes sorted. well worth USD30 i reckon