PDA

View Full Version : Do the police scare you?

64etert
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Just read about the new powers the police will have:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=199930070822

Seems to me like the police are getting more powers but there is not alot of public safeguards inplace. For example in the USA and UK the police have had dashboard cameras in their patrol cars for years and some even have body cameras now which have been used to catch alot of corrupt cops. Here in NZ the police don't even have cameras in their cars. I'm thinking of emailing police minister Judith collins and asking her to install the cameras but do you think she'd do it?

This scares me.

R2x1
07-12-2009, 02:00 PM
So that's Facebook?

xyz823
07-12-2009, 02:02 PM
The police would only scare me if I knew I'd done something wrong. But I havn't so no I'm not scared. But I joined your group anyway.

convair
07-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Only those that have done something to get the cops involved should be worried

pctek
07-12-2009, 02:27 PM

This scares me.
Simon Power has introduced a new law called the Land Transport Amendment Act 2009 which allows police officers to FORCE a driver to give blood if the driver fails a compulsory drug impairment test.

Doesn't scare me at all. Why are you scared?

When the police get new uniforms with lightning bolts on them and start to put you in trains then it might.

Richard
07-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Do the Police scare me?? No. :p

Metla
07-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm a little worried they hand guns to morons who then kill innocent people and don't get charged with anything.

If your going to be in a position to govern the actions of other people then you should be held to the same if not higher standard.

xyz823
07-12-2009, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't be scared if I was pulled over by this (http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/35/113668735_full.jp g) cop.

Battleneter2
07-12-2009, 02:56 PM

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=199930070822

Seems to me like the police are getting more powers but there is not alot of public safeguards inplace. For example in the USA and UK the police have had dashboard cameras in their patrol cars for years and some even have body cameras now which have been used to catch alot of corrupt cops. Here in NZ the police don't even have cameras in their cars. I'm thinking of emailing police minister Judith collins and asking her to install the cameras but do you think she'd do it?

This scares me.

lol Im really not sure we want to lower our Police force to the American standard, cameras or not. If you want to beat up a suspect in the US you simply move them to the side of the vehicle. Occasionally they forget and they end up on that British show poking fun at dumb American cops.

Sweep
07-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Cops don't worry me any more than some other people do.

prefect
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
The NZ police dont scare moi unless they have guns then its everyone run for your lives.
Watch out if you are a bystander or you will be collateral damage.
I would rather have cows with guns than cops with guns like the song and they get saved by chickens in choppers.

hueybot3000
07-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Cops dont scare me in the slightest, in fact I find quite a few of them are just a joke. Just because they wear a badge they think they stand a foot taller than everyone and can just pull us up, or stop us to ask questions for no other reason than keeping us on our toes

Trev
07-12-2009, 03:52 PM
No, but they can be a bit cockie (smart arse) when they talk to you.
:)

gary67
07-12-2009, 07:21 PM
It's only a drug test, don't do drugs and you have nothing to fear. Doing drugs and driving is plain stupidity

allblack
07-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Police? No.

But the old M.O.T. used to terrify me. 15 years old and three weeks after getting my license I got pulled over for speeding....damn near wet meself! :D

johcar
07-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Cops don't scare me - but Facebook does!

--Wolf--
07-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't be scared if I was pulled over by this (http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/35/113668735_full.jpg) cop.

I won't ask what you've been looking up on Trademe....:horrified

:lol:

64etert
07-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Here is the full text from the facebook group:

Don't Steal My Blood:
Simon Power has introduced a new law called the Land Transport Amendment Act 2009 which allows police officers to FORCE a driver to give blood if the driver fails a compulsory drug impairment test.
What is a compulsory impairment test?
Seeing if your pupil is dilated, which could be dilated for many reasons, not just drugs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mydriasis

Seeing if you can walk in a straight line heel to toe, and to stand on one leg, which you may not be able to do for many reasons including having a sore leg, just not good at balancing, nervous, not just because of drugs.

And with a blood test, it can detect marijuana that a person smoked 90 days ago:
http://tinyurl.com/y9c3ycs

Don't steal my blood Simon Power because i may fail a flimsy impairment test. I'm all for testing for drugged drivers but please use the saliva test that Australia uses where you put a small absorbent pad on a person's tongue for a few seconds, and wait five minutes for the result:
http://tinyurl.com/ycxrw6k

This law is like saying:
Police: Hey 16 year old girl step out of the car and walk in a straight line.
Girl: Ok
Police: You can't walk in a straight line so I am going to force you to pull down your pants and I am going to forcefully stick my hand up your anus and vagina to see if there is any drugs in there which could be the reason why you cannot walk in a straight line. And after this we are going to the hospital to forcefully pump your stomach to see if you swallowed any drugs.

So immediately you should put a STOP to the police forcing alleged drugged drivers to undergo a blood test.

Don't Steal My Property Rights:
Simon Power introduced a new law called the Domestic Violence (Enhancing Safety) Bill which will allow the police to issue instant protection orders to an alleged offender that will mean the alleged offender will have to leave his/her home for up to 5 days.
How is this STEALING my property rights? If the alleged offender owns/co owns or is renting/co-renting the home it will mean the alleged offender will be FORCED to leave his/her own home, and the home owner will still have to pay their mortgage/rent when they aren't even living their for 5 days.
I'm all for reducing violence in the home but the police should only be able to issue instant protection orders to an alleged offender if the alleged offender does NOT own/co own/rent/co-rent the home.

Join this group and tell all your friends to join and notify the media.

rob_on_guitar
07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
If thats all your worried about, then i hope you get pulled over.

We need less idiots on the road and hopefully this will help cull them.

Fifthdawn
07-12-2009, 11:16 PM
The way to cull them would be to send each convicted drunk driver to the race track outside Hamilton, and provide free drinks during the safety instructions before they get unleashed on the track. :)

rob_on_guitar
08-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Convicted drunk driver shouldnt be driving. At all.

But yea, I know what you mean.

ubergeek85
08-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Cops aren't dumb. They won't think 'hey this person wobbled a bit that must mean they're high'. Sure, some of them can be a tad... iritating. But, you've got to remember, they deal with this sort of buffonery every day, they can usually spot when someone's gone out of their tree - the roadside test just confirms it.

And anyway, it's only a blood test. Afraid of needles are we?

Metla
08-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Cops aren't dumb?, well, plenty of them are, Hell I know a couple of fools that in no way shape or form should ever been in the police force, but there they are, In uniform, doing dumbshit dickhead crap to people.

Anyway, The problem with the cops (apart from the job itself attracting power-tripping twats) is they deal with idiots day in,day out, and it doesn't take long for them to decide everyone is an idiot and they treat them as such.

They get worse when they decide everyone is a criminal and start treating everyone as such.

And somewhere along the line they decide everyone is a lair, and that they themselves are above reproach.

So then one day you have to deal with some wank who thinks your an idiot, a liar, a criminal, and he's caught you, and he's awesome and powerful. After all, He has the patch to prove it.

Metla
08-12-2009, 08:48 AM
The way to cull them would be to send each convicted drunk driver to the race track outside Hamilton, and provide free drinks during the safety instructions before they get unleashed on the track. :)

I'm in for that, State sanctioned boozed racing. woohoo.

I'll even bring my own booze, Has the Government got a car I can use?

prefect
08-12-2009, 08:55 AM
It hardly punishment I do almost the same when we have a few (well **** loads) of beer then go racing karts down at the Concourse its more fun when you have had a few.

Cicero
08-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I think the police are good.
They should have more guns to shoot these bad buggers who pollute our streets.
Down with nemby pamby I say.

R2x1
08-12-2009, 09:50 AM
I guess the police are imperfect (some anyway), but I shudder to think what the alternative would be.
How would you fancy fronting up to tell someone you only know slightly that her husband is dead, without a bit of blue support and advice? Driving would be even more exciting than it sometimes is now.
It would be nice though if the police were freed from the paper mountain and allowed to use their common sense in the old style.

pctek
08-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Police: You can't walk in a straight line so I am going to force you to pull down your pants and I am going to forcefully stick my hand up your anus and vagina to see if there is any drugs in there

Don't be an idiot.

Trev
08-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Where do you keep your driving license. Got a ticket a couple of weeks ago for doing 67ks in a 50k area $120 fine 20 demerit points. The cop asked to see my driving license and I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out my wallet and took my driving license out, as I was doing so the cop said so this is where you keep your license, so as I have asked above where do you keep yours ? Dumb question I thought the cop asked.
:)

johcar
08-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Also in my wallet - then it's always with me, no matter which car I drive...

Maybe he thought you were pulling a weapon out of your pocket - did he step back when he asked?

rob_on_guitar
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
the police do ok, theres always a dickhead somewhere but thats in all walks of life.
They need more options to deal with crap, we dont get to choose what the scum/crims use so good for them.

Sweep
08-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Cops do ask dumb questions from time to time. Much like any other group of people.

I used to be employed by the M.O.T and back then we had a script.

Good day Sir/Madam I have stopped you for (insert reason here).
Have you any reason for (X)?

Person burbles on with whatever...........................

I see. (This does not mean you agree with the burble)

May I see your drivers licence please? If license not produced then ticket to produce within 7 days would be issued as a matter of course regardless of whatever that person was stopped for in the first place. At that time you had 7 days to produce.

So on........

In some 7 years I was never assaulted, shot etc.

You don't pull up someone for speeding and then be a smarty and ask "wheres the fire"

Just once I got a little offended when a person suggested my mother had an abnormal relationship with a donkey and I, by accident, stood on his foot. Could have been worse. He could have suggested I had an abnormal relationship with a johnkey maybe.

Anyway bring back the MOT

prefect
08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Ex MOT traffic cop say no more, it all becomes perfectly clear.

Metla
08-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I guess the police are imperfect (some anyway), but I shudder to think what the alternative would be.

Mexico....

64etert
08-12-2009, 03:27 PM
The group text has been changed...

Don't Steal My Blood:
Simon Power has introduced a new law called the Land Transport Amendment Act 2009 which allows police officers to REQUIRE a driver to give blood if the driver fails a compulsory drug impairment test. The driver CAN refuse but the driver will be arrested, charged, and be convicted of refusing and then the driver will be fined or jailed.
What is a compulsory impairment test?
Seeing if your pupil is dilated, which could be dilated for many reasons, not just drugs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mydriasis

Seeing if you can walk in a straight line heel to toe, and to stand on one leg, which you may not be able to do for many reasons including having a sore leg, just not good at balancing, nervous, not just because of drugs.

And with a blood test, it can detect marijuana that a person smoked 90 days ago:
http://tinyurl.com/y9c3ycs

Don't steal my blood Simon Power because i may fail a flimsy impairment test. I'm all for testing for drugged drivers but please use the saliva test that Australia uses where you put a small absorbent pad on a person's tongue for a few seconds, and wait five minutes for the result:
http://tinyurl.com/ycxrw6k

This law is like saying:
Police: You can't walk in a straight line so I am going to require you to pull down your pants and I am going to stick my hand up your anus and vagina to see if there is any drugs in there which could be the reason why you cannot walk in a straight line. And after this I require you to come to the hospital to pump your stomach to see if you swallowed any drugs. You can refuse all of this but if you do you will be arrested, charged, and be convicted of refusing and then you will be fined or jailed.

So immediately you should put a STOP to the police requiring alleged drugged drivers to undergo a blood test because there are too many factors why a person may fail the compulsory impairment test without even being under the influence of drugs .

Don't Steal My Property Rights:
Simon Power introduced a new law called the Domestic Violence (Enhancing Safety) Bill which will allow the police to issue instant protection orders to an alleged offender that will mean the alleged offender will have to leave his/her home for up to 5 days.
How is this STEALING my property rights? If the alleged offender owns/co owns or is renting/co-renting the home it will mean the alleged offender will be FORCED to leave his/her own home, and the home owner will still have to pay their mortgage/rent when they aren't even living their for 5 days.
I'm all for reducing violence in the home but the police should only be able to issue instant protection orders to an alleged offender if the alleged offender does NOT own/co own/rent/co-rent the home.

Join this group and tell all your friends to join and notify the media. Email Simon Power and tell him to change these laws and copy and paste the text from this facebook group: s.power@ministers.govt.nz

Sweep
08-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Why would I bother?

Why did you change the text?

Richard
08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
This law is like saying:
Police: You can't walk in a straight line so I am going to require you to pull down your pants and I am going to stick my hand up your anus and vagina to see if there is any drugs in there which could be the reason why you cannot walk in a straight line. And after this I require you to come to the hospital to pump your stomach to see if you swallowed any drugs. You can refuse all of this but if you do you will be arrested, charged, and be convicted of refusing and then you will be fined or jailed.

Who wrote this rubbish? "the law is like saying:" what abysmal English. If that is your understanding of our language, why should I even consider that you have any understanding of the law.

Your whole post is ignorant, and warrants no further consideration.

Metla
08-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Your whole post is ignorant, and warrants no further consideration.

Best.Post.Ever.

Sweep
08-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Best.Post.Ever.

Agreed more or less.

Billy T
08-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Here is the full text from the facebook group:

Don't Steal My Blood:.

Let me guess, you are about 14 right?

Chronological or mental age, makes no difference which.........

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :rolleyes:

64etert
09-12-2009, 02:58 PM
What does the above example have to do with taking blood? The flimsyness of the evidence that requires a person to give blood. It's like the police getting a search warrant for a house because lots of people with tattoos live there. Making a hole in a person's body based on flimsy evidence is ridiculous and there are potential risks associated with taking blood:
http://tinyurl.com/yfzoett
Excessive bleeding
Fainting or feeling light-headed
Hematoma (blood accumulating under the skin)
Infection (a slight risk any time the skin is broken)

prefect
09-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Well if the police raid a place with lots of people with tats they may hit a gold mine, drugs, illegal arms, non payment of fines warrants for arrest, WINZ rip offs, vehicle offences, stolen property.
Not saying all people with tats are crooks at all but a house full of them is a good place to start.
Ever wonder how the cops spot cars on the road and pull them up to issue a bucket full of tickets?
Its called profiling you would get bugger all if you raided a church group.

R2x1
09-12-2009, 03:29 PM
. . . . Its called profiling you would get bugger all if you raided a church group.
Are you saying they are a group without a clue?

prefect
09-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Yes

R2x1
09-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Ah.

johcar
09-12-2009, 03:57 PM
What does the above example have to do with taking blood? The flimsyness of the evidence that requires a person to give blood. It's like the police getting a search warrant for a house because lots of people with tattoos live there. Making a hole in a person's body based on flimsy evidence is ridiculous and there are potential risks associated with taking blood:
http://tinyurl.com/yfzoett
Excessive bleeding
Fainting or feeling light-headed
Hematoma (blood accumulating under the skin)
Infection (a slight risk any time the skin is broken)

Someone needs to get a reality check.

Learn the difference between a mountain and a molehill (or a worm-casting even)!!

The risk in giving a blood sample is less than the risk of getting hit by one of prefect's buses while riding a bike close enough to scratch the paint! :D

Although the risk of getting pinged for having something illegal in your blood is obviously a big worry for you.