PDA

View Full Version : Telecom Go large - Dropped to Dail up speed.

myke
06-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I didn't pay too much attention to the letter from Telecom in regards to discontinuing the Go Large plan.

Internet suddenly dropped to a crawl Today, I check the speed... low and behold we are sitting on dail up speed.
What is with that? You'd think at the very least they'd put us on the Basic broadband plan... um unless we blew that in a couple of days, but the I can't check the usage meter.
Stink looks like a call to the help desk.

stu161204
06-12-2009, 08:52 PM
If you did not contact Telecom before 30th Oct 2009, then you will have been move to the Explorer plan, which gives you 10GB, which to the sounds of it, you have used, and you have been dropped back to dial up speed.

Chilling_Silence
06-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I didn't pay too much attention to the letter from Telecom in regards to discontinuing the Go Large plan.

Doesn't that speak for itself?

You can try the Big Time plan which is ADSL2+ (Faster than Go Large), or stick to the 10GB Adventure plan.

Agent_24
07-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, If you did nothing you will be on the Explorer plan now with a 10GB cap

Billy T
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I was on Go Large and thought that Telecom said that if I did nothing my speed would remain the same (unlimited up and down) but I'd be on a plan that increased my cap to 20GB.

Consequently I did nothing, but I've noticed occasional periods of slow download speed.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

qazwsxokmijn
07-12-2009, 11:06 PM
As everybody already said - you're most likely on the Explorer plan and went over the 10GB limit.

If you want the uncapped bandwidth then I'm afraid you'll have to pay extra for Big Time. I don't know about everybody else, but for me at least download speed increased somewhat and upload speed doubled (from 14kb to somewhere around 25kb+).