PDA

View Full Version : Obama + Nobel Peace Prize

bk T
03-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Is it a joke or what? Our friend Obama is sending more troops to Afghan.
(http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10613081&ref=rss)
Another contribution to world peace ???? !!!!!!

Strommer
03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
The Nobel Peace Prize is not awarded by the United Nations or any other world organization.

The decision of who gets the prize is made by a small group of Norwegian politicians.

From the perspective of these judges, it made perfect sense to award Obama the prize.

Obama himself did not think he should have been the Peace Prize recipient.

If anyone has a look at previous recipients of the Peace Prize, I am sure they will find more than one who they think was not deserving of the award.

bk T
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
The Nobel Peace Prize is not awarded by the United Nations or any other world organization.

The decision of who gets the prize is made by a small group of Norwegian politicians.

From the perspective of these judges, it made perfect sense to award Obama the prize.

Obama himself did not think he should have been the Peace Prize recipient.

If anyone has a look at previous recipients of the Peace Prize, I am sure they will find more than one who they think was not deserving of the award.

I'm not pinpointing at the US govt or Obama or any other individual in particular, it's the Nobel "PEACE" prize as a whole.

prefect
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
The norge thought giving the prize to him prematurely would make him make the changes in US policies to make the peace in Palestine.
Fat chance he is just as bad as all the rest of the prezs.
He made a big speech in Cairo a little while ago saying he would sort it out but hasnt.
I hope the Americans dont relect him next prez elections.
Palestinians will have to wait for next prez elections for someone decent.
I detest and loathe the clown now.

Strommer
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm not pinpointing at the US govt or Obama or any other individual in particular, it's the Nobel "PEACE" prize as a whole.

Yes, I can understand what you mean. Many many people share your view. It may help if you view the award as a Norwegian politicians' peace prize and then try to understand the world (viz. European) view as seen by the Norwegians.

SurferJoe46
03-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Obama in a televised speech the other night said (words to this effect) that:

During my NEXT term, I want to have all these problems behind me and solved.

Everybody KNOWS that Obama is a one-term president and they've had their fill of flaccid presidents and want a Teddy Roosevelt back again.

I suspect that the Democratic caucuses will find a new leader around who to rally, and rumors have it that Rush Limbaugh will run for president with Sarah Palin as his running mate. :eek:

I don't vote and just laugh at the way this "Do-Nothing" president has done, well - NOTHING but make chin music. Maybe he can buy some golf clubs .....and...

Quoted from Voice Of America News: (http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Obama-Faces-Divided-US-Public-Congress-on-Afghanistan-78368277.html)

As a presidential candidate, Barack Obama often criticized the Bush administration's handling of the war in Afghanistan.

But analysts say the president's speech outlining his new strategy effectively transfers responsibility of the war to Mr. Obama, and they say his political fate will be closely tied to a successful outcome in Afghanistan

More rocks-in-Obama's-socks:

* Obama science aides defend climate change research

* Hacked e-mails seized upon by global warming skeptics

* Key Republican decries 'scientific fascism'

By Timothy Gardner

WASHINGTON, Dec 2 (Reuters) - The science showing that greenhouse gas emissions from human activities are causing a dangerous warming of the world's climate is sound, President Barack Obama's top scientists said on Wednesday, despite controversial e-mails stolen from climate researchers.

E-mails from Britain's University of East Anglia, made public last month after being obtained by hackers, show climate researchers deriding global warming skeptics, who argue that the messages show that the researchers manipulated data to make climate change appear more definitive.

In the messages, researchers also asked other scientists to delete e-mails, apparently to avoid having them become public.

"There will remain after the dust settles in this controversy a very strong scientific consensus on key characteristics of the problem: global climate is changing in highly unusual ways compared to long experienced and expected natural variations," John Holdren, Obama's science advisor, told a congressional hearing.

The hearing came as Democratic leaders in Congress try to push forward legislation aimed at controlling climate change by limiting greenhouse gas emissions. The House has passed its bill, but the legislation has bogged down in the Senate.

Presented with irrefutable proof that the books were cooked to make it look like global warming was a fact, Obama and his White House Scientific Advisers' Committee are sticking to their guns that it is indeed - factual.

And why not? It's the M-O-N-E-Y, doh!

Those same doom-sayers are on the public payroll in one form or another and are just trying to keep their cush-y jobs and free air miles to foreign lands to "confer with other scientists" all the time.

So - now's the time to sell your gold!!!

TOKYO (Reuters) - Gold prices rose to record highs on Thursday as worries about the economic recovery encouraged buying of the metal as a safe haven investment.

Spot gold rose to a record of $1,218.90 per ounce at 2316 GMT, while U.S. February gold futures touched an all-time high of $1,221.00. (Reporting by Miho Yoshikawa)

The world has also had enough of wishy-washy political posturing aby Obama nd demands some REAL "Dirty Harry" results from the US and that drives UP the price of gold and the US$ DOWN.

US voters are miffed over what they hath wrought by voting for the guy now. Nothing's fixed, but lots of promises and rosey feelings were being tossed about - and still are being done so. Like P.T. Barnham said: "If a politician's lips are moving, he's lying".

Gold started it's upward spiral during the Kennedy Years, called "Camelot" for all the Kumbaya warmth and hugging from THAT presidency.

Richard
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
rumors have it that Rush Limbaugh will run for president with Sarah Palin as his running mate.

GOD HELP AMERICA!

Richard
03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
The norge thought giving the prize to him prematurely would make him make the changes in US policies to make the peace in Palestine.
Fat chance he is just as bad as all the rest of the prezs.
He made a big speech in Cairo a little while ago saying he would sort it out but hasnt.
I hope the Americans dont relect him next prez elections.
Palestinians will have to wait for next prez elections for someone decent.
I detest and loathe the clown now.

That's a bit rough prefect. It ain't all that easy. And you don't know what's going on in the background. The man has only been President for a year, and I'm sure he is doing his best to fix all problems bequeathed by GWB, on top of being met by a serious recession in his first week of presidency. Remember too that any major changes have to be passed by the House and Senate, who are all too good at delaying tactics. In politics, what you want, and what you get, are sometimes very different. It ain't all that easy. :)

Battleneter2
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
The largest industry(arguably) in the US is weapons production, the US need to be at war with someone, not to mention to control oil.

Obama is just a puppet, there are only two major political parties in the US and both of them are in the back pocket of Corporate America. At least China doesn't "pretend" to be a democracy lol

Nobel Peace Prize ROTFL.

SurferJoe46
03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Obama is just a puppet, there are only two major political parties in the US and both of them are in the back pocket of Corporate America. At least China doesn't "pretend" to be a democracy lol

I think you're pretty close there. Obama was elected to soften the perceived "face" of the US and change the opinions of the rest of the world from what is thought of as overbearing.

He's taken on too many goals - when any two of those planned repairs and changes to the situation would have been more than enough for any 2-term president to handle.

His script writers have over zealously put him into a no-win situation - damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I personally feel he's too intelligent to make these blunderous moves, and yet he does it in spades. The sad part is that he is a very intelligent person and I don't really understand how he bought the idea that he was the next messiah - although his party called him that and gave him a false sense of his ability to actually walk on water and feed multitudes of people with two fish sticks and a bag of bagels.

If you want to find the puppet masters, just Google The Car_lis_le Corp. I spaced that to keep the slurpees away.

The Nobel Peace Prize is a hack and worth not much at all. With that and a five dollar bill, you can buy a beer in a bar during Happy Hour.

Strommer
03-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Everybody KNOWS that Obama is a one-term president and they've had their fill of flaccid presidents and want a Teddy Roosevelt back again.

I suspect that the Democratic caucuses will find a new leader ...

I don't vote and just laugh at the way this "Do-Nothing" president has done, well - NOTHING but make chin music.

...I don't really understand how he bought the idea that he was the next messiah...

Rubbish. Try reading this article (http://www.esquire.com/the-side/richardson-report/obama-timeline-110309), carefully, and take special notice of the last paragraph because I believe that is exactly where you are at now.
SJ, I honestly think you would welcome GWB :groan: back into the White House, or would have preferred McCain. :horrified:

As far as being a "messiah" - I can tell you that most all of my friends and contacts are Obama supporters and NEVER EVER has anyone mentioned anything about him being a 'messiah' or anything remotely like a messiah, and I have never read any pro-Obama article that refers to him in this way, not in the slightest. AFAIK this messiah bit is mainly mentioned by Christian fundamentalists and Republican wingnuts who somehow feel threatened by someone who - unlike GWB - can speak intelligently. For myself and my friends, we do see Obama's imperfections and his struggles, and never think of him as being infallible or a spiritual leader.

Good point Battleneter2. Even though this has been said for the last 5 decades or so, it is worth remembering. "The Land of the Free" may not be a perfect democracy but the USA is more of a democracy than China.

prefect
03-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I hope the Democrats dont pick him to run next election.
It was a brave experiment but it didnt work out he is too wishy washy.
He got a peace prize yet sends more troops to fight a hopeless unwinnable war yet wont help occupied Palestine.
The guy is tucker.

Terry Porritt
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I hope the Democrats dont pick him to run next election.
It was a brave experiment but it didnt work out he is too wishy washy.
He got a peace prize yet sends more troops to fight a hopeless unwinnable war yet wont help occupied Palestine.
The guy is tucker.

I think that is probably right, but there won't ever be a US president that will ever get offside with the US Jewish Lobby or Israel, hence the Palestinian/Israeli problem will never be resolved. I could conceivably be wrong...........

Strommer
04-12-2009, 07:08 AM
I think that is probably right, but there won't ever be a US president that will ever get offside with the US Jewish Lobby or Israel, hence the Palestinian/Israeli problem will never be resolved. I could conceivably be wrong...........

Unfortunately I believe you are correct Terry. Presidents and their administrations have tried for decades to resolve the Palestinian issue, to no avail. The blind hatred and eye-for-an eye retribution between the Israel and Palestinian will not end, plus there are external influences from Iran and elsewhere. A terrible terrible mess. The suffering of the general Palestinian population is absolutely deplorable.

SurferJoe46
04-12-2009, 07:17 AM
I am not an ANYTHING - but I still know a bum when I see one. :lol: There are lots of SUPPORTERS for Obama who have said exactly THAT!

WARNING : MORE THAN 30 WORDS - BUT THEY AREN'T ALL MINE!

But, OK - you asked for it:

“This guy was president before I was . . . This guy was God before I was.” – Barack Obama -in reference to Morgan Freeman’s portrayal in “Deep Impact and “Bruce Almighty”. “This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament.” . . .”I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often. No, seriously. It’s a dramatic event.” — Chris Matthews

“Obama’s finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don’t even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves.” — Ezra Klein

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan.”– Bill Rush

“I cried all night. I’m going to be crying for the next four years,” he said. “What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history. … The event itself is so extraordinary that another chapter could be added to the Bible to chronicle its significance.” — Rev. Jesse Jackson Jr.

MORE:

Unless He Really Is the Messiah, Obama's Plan Is Impossible

By KT McFarland - FOXNews.com

What Obama should have done is narrow the mission to one thing -- kill Al Qaeda -- and partner with Pakistan to do it.

ELECTION 2008
Farrakhan on Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking'
'Barack has captured the youth,' will bring about 'universal change'
Posted: October 09, 2008 - 8:03 pm Eastern - © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, another powerful Chicago-based Democratic political figure associated with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and other long-time associates of Democratic Party presidential candidate Barack Obama, is leaving no doubt about what he thinks of the leader in the campaign for the White House.

He says when Obama talks "the Messiah is absolutely speaking." {QUOTED FROM BELOW}

WND ELECTION 2008
Farrakhan on Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking'
'Barack has captured the youth,' will bring about 'universal change'
Posted: October 09, 2008 - 8:03 pm Eastern - © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, another powerful Chicago-based political figure associated with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and other long-time associates of Democratic Party presidential candidate Barack Obama, is leaving no doubt about what he thinks of the leader in the campaign for the White House.

He says when Obama talks "the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

Addressing a large crowd behind a podium Feb. 24 with a Nation of Islam Saviours' Day 2008 sign, Farrakhan proclaims,

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

"Brothers and sisters," Farrakhan said, "Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way."

Farrakhan points out that the man Nation of Islam followers refer to as "the Saviour," Fard Muhammad, had a black father and a white mother, just as Obama did.

"A black man with a white mother became a saviour to us," he said. "A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall.

"Would God allow Barack to be president of a country that has been so racist, so evil in its treatment of Hispanics, native Americans, blacks?" he asked. "Would God do something like that? Yeah. Of course he would. That's to show you that the stone that the builders rejected has become the headstone of the corner. This is a sign to you. It's the time of our rise. It's the time that we should take our place. The future is all about you."

Get "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values" (http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=6&SUBDEPARTMENT_ID=20&ITEM_ID=2425)

Farrakhan suggested he would keep a low profile in the campaign, despite his enthusiasm for Obama.

"That's why you have never heard me make any comment," he explained. "I love that brother, and I want to see that brother successful. I don't want to say anything that would hurt that brother, and I don't want them to use me or the Nation of Islam."

Returning to the theme that Obama is a mystical figure, Farrakhan said, he "is not the Messiah for sure, but anytime he gives you a sign of uniting races, ethnic groups, ideologies, religions and makes people feel a sense of oneness, that's not necessarily Satan's work, that is, I believe, the work of God."

He went on to point out that when religious scholars talk about Christ or the Islamic Mahdi, they never talk in racial terms – again, pointing to Obama's mixed racial background.

WND previously reported (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=57090) - a website called "Is Barack Obama the Messiah?" (http://http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/) captured the wave of euphoria that followed the Democratic senator's remarkable rise.

~~~

WND previously reported a website called "Is Barack Obama the Messiah?" captured the wave of euphoria that followed the Democratic senator's remarkable rise.

The site is topped by an Obama quote strategically ripped from a Jan. 7 speech at Dartmouth College just before the New Hampshire Primary in which he told students, "… a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote" for Obama.

MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews is among the many members of the media enraptured by Obama, admitting he felt a "thrill going up my leg" listening to an Obama speech.

Columnist Mark Morford of the San Francisco Chronicle (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2008/06/06/notes060608.DTL?)writes that Obama has a charisma that goes beyond "his youthful vigor, or handsomeness, or even inspiring rhetoric."

"Bill Clinton, with all his effortless, winking charm, didn't have what Obama has, which is a sort of powerful luminosity, a unique high-vibration integrity," Morford says. "Dismiss it all you like, but I've heard from far too many enormously smart, wise, spiritually attuned people who've been intuitively blown away by Obama's presence - not speeches, not policies, but sheer presence - to say it's just a clever marketing ploy, a slick gambit carefully orchestrated by hotshot campaign organizers who, once Obama gets into office, will suddenly turn from perky optimists to vile soul-sucking lobbyist whores, with Obama as their suddenly evil, cackling overlord."

WND also reported (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=74999) when talk radio host Rush Limbaugh criticized Democrats who were comparing Obama to Jesus and Gov. Sarah Palin to Pontius Pilate.

"I know Jesus Christ. I pray to Jesus Christ all the time," said Limbaugh. "I study what Jesus Christ did and said all the time, and let me tell you something, Barack Obama, you are no Jesus Christ."

He also attacked Obama's stances for abortion and sex education for children in kindergarten, saying, "I can't find any such references to Jesus promoting infanticide nor do I find any references to Jesus Christ suggesting sex education be taught to 4- and 5-year-olds, but I'm still looking in the New Testament and I'll let you all know if I come up with anything."

Democrats, including party strategist Donna Brazile and Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., made nearly identical biblical comparisons of the characters in this presidential election, which Limbaugh traced back to a Sept. 4 posting on a Washington blog.

"Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus," Cohen said during a one-minute speech on the floor of the U.S. House yesterday. "Pontius Pilate was a Governor."

"Defeat Osama, Obama and Chelsea's Mama"

Some of the DISGUST that others feel for the present situation and references to the LAST administration as an example:

The Dems’ Afghan War Hypocrisy
December 1st, 2009 at 2:09 pm by Brad Schaeffer

Rep. Maurice Hinchey’s (ibid: Democrat) claim that President Bush intentionally let Osama Bin Laden escape to justify the war in Iraq is both appalling and ludicrous. The capture of Bin Laden and the overthrow of Saddam were complementary goals, not contradictory.

Hinchey’s conspiracy theory does not make sense even on its own twisted terms.

Would not the successful capture of Bin Laden have signaled a winding down of the Afghan operation and thus free more troops for Iraq?

And surely before a member of Congress hurled such a vile charge, some evidence should be required. I am getting tired of my former president being accused of, in essence, purposefully sacrificing the lives of young men and women in the field (soldiers, sailors and Marines he clearly cared so much about) to forward his own nefarious aims.

It is laughable that Sen. John Kerry of all people should be issuing a report on the Tora Bora operation that is a scathing criticism of the past administration for not committing enough troops in the initial operations in Afghanistan when he himself, was an advocate for restraint and limited commitment from the outset.

Funny, he seemed less Gung-Ho back on December 15, 2001 when he praised the Bush-Rumsfeld strategy, saying: “For the moment what we are doing, I think, is having its impact and it is the best way to protect our troops and sort of minimalize the proximity, if you will. I think we have been doing this pretty effectively and we should continue to do it that way.” Today’s Wall Street Journal sums up his position thusly: “Mr. Kerry is now in favor of more troops, after he was against them.”

It was, as the 2001 John Kerry would attest, understandable that Rumsfeld et. al. were very leery of making a massive commitment of men and material to Afghanistan. After all – his fellow Democrats feel exactly the same way today.

So - there's rancor among the Republicans AND the Democrats when they find they've been duped by a Puppet Master, Obama, his scriptwriters and his Spinmeisters.

Cicero
04-12-2009, 08:53 AM

Is that due to the banks running the show?