PDA

View Full Version : Chock Virus / only 1 screen setting

29-07-2001, 03:27 PM
Standard PC with a Duron processor and Windows ME. We had the Choke virus but I got rid of it with the latest definitions from Norton AV. The screen area use to be set at 1024 x 768 pixels but now it is set at 640 x 480 pixels and wont let me change it. I assume the choke virus has caused this. The screen area is so large that I cant get to some of the Windows buttons (such as 'Apply' in the Settings box. Please advise if there is any other ways of changing the screen area setting other than the Settings tab under Display Properties.
Thanks Terry

29-07-2001, 05:53 PM
I got the choke virus from my friends at school via MSN Messanger. Norton Antivirus demo from the PC World CD picked it up. That removed it and said that it was a worm.
The choke virus didn't change a thing!!

To change the screen size back to 1024 x 768. Click the settings tab then press: Tab then right arrow, followed by another right arrow then Tab, Tab Enter. The picture of the screen with the windows in it should change.

If it doesn't work mail me on frenchmidget@hotmail.com if you can!! This was posted by an up coming PC Freak!!

29-07-2001, 05:56 PM
Sorry told you a fib you have to click the settings tab then press the 'Tab' button twice then press the right arrow twice followed by the Tab button being pressed twice finally press enter.

If it doesn't work mail me on frenchmidget@hotmail.com if you can!! This was posted by an up coming PC Freak!!

29-07-2001, 05:57 PM
Sorry told you a fib you have to click the settings tab then press the 'Tab' button twice then press the right arrow twice followed by the Tab button being pressed twice finally press enter.