PDA

View Full Version : Comodo cut&paste

PPp
29-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Just upgraded to Comodo Firewall (only) and seem to be having problems cutting and pasting from web site text, to notepad, which i had not noticed previously. I irregularly collect quotes so nothing too nefarious !!! Googled this and looked on Comodo forums but have not found a solution.

Speedy Gonzales
29-11-2009, 09:28 PM
? So, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you saying comodo is blocking you from copying and pasting?? Somehow, I dont think so

PPp
29-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I've done the cut and paste thing previously with no problem and the only major thing I have done lately was to change to Comodo, I thought it may be a security thing.
Also that should have been COPY & paste. I've being doing a little playing around and found it is only my "quotes" file that seems to be playing up, even though I open it from Notepad it can't save the updated file because it cannot create the file and asks to make sure the path and filename are correct. It then reverts to the save window creating an endless loop. I can only stop it in task manager. But I have since found I can save the file under a new name and it works normally. Original file must be corrupted somehow. Very puzzling but at least I have found a solution. Thanks for taking my concentration off Comodo!

Agent_24
30-11-2009, 10:52 AM
? So, what exactly are you trying to do? Are you saying comodo is blocking you from copying and pasting?? Somehow, I dont think so

Defense+ can block all sorts of things, you can even block programs from accessing the keyboard completely. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an option somewhere to block a program from accessing the clipboard.

PPp: do you use keyscrambler at all? I have had problems with that causing copy and paste to fail. Updating the the latest version solves it.

PPp
01-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks Agent24, no keyboard scrambler. Think the problem was from Comdo in the end as I got a popup to ask which user should have access to Notepad. Now behaving itself.