PDA

View Full Version : Windows Won't Start - AGAIN!

Cato
26-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Again something is wrong, after a fresh install from last week's bullshit.

I can't boot up, no safe mode, no nothing. Recovery said everything was fixed, but it wasn't, it did a system restore - no game.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1821/26112009047.jpg

I just get those bloody lines across the screen once the Windows booting screen comes off.

Nothing new was installed, I just restarted to get a new image done. Damn irony.

Any ideas or is it reinstall time again?

Win 7 Pro x86

Chris09
26-11-2009, 01:00 PM
If it's a fresh copy, and installs fine I would believe it to be a number of things.

Have you tried MeMtest at all? Just to troubleshoot whether RAM is giving you grief.

Try using a different monitor? Perhaps something is wrong with the display, if it doesn't load correctly when booting?

Perhaps the Hard Drive is at fault? Since it loads correctly at start up, but then when loading the OS it fails?

And the motherboard, though I think if you could install Windows, it should work.

Interesting case. I shall watch and listen to the experts.

linw
26-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Graphics card/drivers? It fails when it swaps to a graphical interface. The display you posted looks like a graphics hardware failure.

Can you find another graphics card to help with the diagnosis?

Don't waste your time agonising and swearing at MS/Windows7 as they certainly aren't the basic cause of this instability. Concentrate on eliminating hardware possibilities.

CYaBro
26-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Graphics card/drivers? It fails when it swaps to a graphical interface. The display you posted looks like a graphics hardware failure.

Can you find another graphics card to help with the diagnosis?

Don't waste your time agonising and swearing at MS/Windows7 as they certainly aren't the basic cause of this instability. Concentrate on eliminating hardware possibilities.

x2, looks like a graphics card fault to me.

pctek
26-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Looks like hardware to me. Specifically Graphics.

wratterus
26-11-2009, 04:39 PM
x4 on the graphics. Probably a faulty RAM module on the graphics card, eg time for a new card. What card have you got in there now?

Cato
26-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Reinstalled Windows, using same drivers for almost everything and it's all fine now. Just have to re download DoD, and update for windows AGAIN. This is nothing but an annoyance and a waste of time and energy.

How I can have issues with W7 Pro and not have had any issues with either XP or Vista 7RC or OpenSuse (which works even now, proves it is a windows issue rather than hardware) and having so many issues in the last 3 weeks is beyond me.

I have a 7600GS, I have a 6600 which gave me the result.