PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Pro x64 ISO

hueybot3000
21-11-2009, 11:48 AM
I have my key which I obtained completely legally but don't have a disk.

I just tried installing off an ultimate dvd but that wouldnt take my key (tried on the off chance)

So if anyone could direct me towards one thatd be much appreciated, ive tried torrents but they are all cracked versions of ultimate which is no good to me.

I had a quick look on microsoft hoping they would have some option to enter your key and download an iso but doesnt seem there is

Any help please!

Speedy Gonzales
21-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I dont think any ISO from any torrent will be legal. Only way youre going to get one is figure out what version the key is for. And either buy it, or borrow from someone. Dont think you'll find it online

hueybot3000
21-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I dont see a problem with downloadin an iso, I have the key. If i was looking to pirate I would just do that but Im not.

I dont know anyone with a copy

Chilling_Silence
21-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Ping me on MSN and I'll help you out

wainuitech
21-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Depending on the type of key, the retail version which is what you get from places like Technet / MSDN, wont work with the OEM.

If you got a key from such a place you will need the same version of ISO.

gary67
21-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I have an OEM of home pre if you need a copy done PM me as well

Speedy Gonzales
21-11-2009, 01:56 PM
What if you have the cd but misplaced the key?? I've got the OEM of XP Home. But cant find the key for it. Might give it to the sis in Oz. Since I no longer use this cd

jwil1
21-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Open the ISO and delete the ei.cfg file in the /sources folder, then save it and burn to DVD.

Then you'll be able to choose whatever version you have (in your case Pro) :)

AFAIK this is not illegal.

hueybot3000
21-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Open the ISO and delete the ei.cfg file in the /sources folder, then save it and burn to DVD.

Then you'll be able to choose whatever version you have (in your case Pro) :)

AFAIK this is not illegal.

Are you 100% about that? Cos thatd be excellent. When I installed with the ultimate disk I thought it might of let me use my Pro key because ultimate has everything Pro has, but jsut wouldnt installed the extra features.

Il go buy me some dvds and give it a shot

Speedy Gonzales
21-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Thats right, you can do that

jwil1
21-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Are you 100% about that? Cos thatd be excellent. When I installed with the ultimate disk I thought it might of let me use my Pro key because ultimate has everything Pro has, but jsut wouldnt installed the extra features.

Il go buy me some dvds and give it a shot

100% sure :)

You can download some freeware that will covert it for you, will google and post back

Edit: Have a look at this (http://code.kliu.org/misc/win7utils/)

wainuitech
21-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Easier way if you have the ISO download at the bottom of The article (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/11/01/create-windows-7-universal-iso-with-all-editions-selection-on-install-with-ei-cfg-removal-utility/) - tried it and it worked on a OEM ISO, as per the article.

Twelvevolts
22-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I heard a rumour Microsoft have even been telling people this when you call them.