PDA

View Full Version : CLDemuxer problem. Explorer crashes.

bezz
20-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I get frequent crashes when viewing photos in folders. The message I get is

Troubleshoot a problem with Power Cinema
Power Cinema has stopped working properly.

Power Cinema is a codec. The file name of this codec is CLDemuxer.ax.

To try to solve this problem, follow these steps. One step might solve the problem, but if it doesn't, then go on to the next step.

Click to go to the CyberLink Corp. website to check for and install CLDemuxer.ax updates

Use the regsvr32 command to unregister CLDemuxer.ax

If you don't know which program is causing this problem, you can remove CLDemuxer.ax from the list of installed codecs by unregistering it.

Warning
Disabling CLDemuxer.ax will cause any programs that depend on the codec to stop working or lose functionality.

Click the Start button , and then, in the Search box, type Command Prompt. From the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

At the command prompt, type regsvr32 /u CLDemuxer.ax, and then press ENTER. CLDemuxer.ax is now unregistered.

I do not have power cinema. The regsvr32 option returns a 'specified module could not be found' message.

Does anyone have a cure so I can again browse my thousands of photos within their folders?

Thankyou,
Brian

Speedy Gonzales
20-11-2009, 09:25 AM
That file may belong to PowerDVD. Is this installed?? If it is, uninstall it. Or get an updated version of it