PDA

View Full Version : Am I just plain stupid?

sarel
17-11-2009, 07:38 AM
SWMBO got a freebie off Xtra the other day for another year's worth of contract BB but I'm stumped. I can't get the keyboard of the MS Wireless Optical Desktop 700 to work. Both the mouse and keyboard work off batteries, and yes, I've inserted them correctly. The mouse is recognised easily but I've tried everything known to man to get the keyboard to go, to no avail. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something very stupid, but then SWMBO could not get it going either. Any PF1'ers with the same that can advise?

sarel

nofam
17-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I got the same wireless combo deal through Telecom too Sarel - the key is to plug the USB receiver in and press the button on it, and then hold down the small connect button on the underside of the keyboard for 5 - 10 seconds until it syncs up.

HTH

:thumbs:

Dadzka
17-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Anybody take the other option of a set of Sennheiser headphones, and if so, what model are they, and are they worth the $199 termination fee payable if contract terminated before twelve months up??

sarel
17-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks Nofam. Both buttons at the same time?

sarel

nofam
17-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah wouldn't hurt - and sitting so you can press both at the same time means the range is less. The keyboard is certainly more temperamental than the mouse!

Both work well when connected though!