PDA

View Full Version : messed up nvidia settings

nznighthawk
16-11-2009, 09:58 PM
When I plug my second monitor (Sony 32" TV) into the computer, the laptop screen goes blank and on the 2nd monitor says:

"Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1360 x 768 @ 60 HZ"

But my video card will only go to 1280 x 800!!

I cannot make any changes in the Nvidia Control Panel because when the 2nd monitor is plugged in, the laptop screen is blank. (I think it is set to only show one display)
If I unplug the 2nd monitor then the Control Panel only shows the laptop as the only monitor.

Is there a file somewhere that I can change so that the 2nd display only goes to 1280 x 800??

pctek
17-11-2009, 07:08 AM
If your graphics can only do 1280 then it must be really, really old. Even quite old ones will do more than that.
You want to change the settings to support 2 screens first, then plug the 2nd one in.

Speedy Gonzales
17-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I think you have to connect the 2nd monitor, before you get the options for it. Otherwise the options wont appear. While its showing on the other display, bring up Nvidia control panel and change the settings

baabits
17-11-2009, 09:14 AM
When I plug my second monitor (Sony 32" TV) into the computer, the laptop screen goes blank and on the 2nd monitor says:

"Cannot display this video mode, change computer display input to 1360 x 768 @ 60 HZ"

But my video card will only go to 1280 x 800!!

I cannot make any changes in the Nvidia Control Panel because when the 2nd monitor is plugged in, the laptop screen is blank. (I think it is set to only show one display)
If I unplug the 2nd monitor then the Control Panel only shows the laptop as the only monitor.

Is there a file somewhere that I can change so that the 2nd display only goes to 1280 x 800??

Are you running XP? If so, go to REsolution Settings and Choose the 2nd monitor in the drop down box then go Advanced>Monitor and Untick 'Hide modes this monitor cannot display' to see if it works.

By the way, are you using the Fn-F4 or Fn-F5 or just choosing the option in display settings?