PDA

View Full Version : Unable to download from Internet

25-07-2001, 05:59 PM
I was using Real Download for all my downloading until the other day it wouldn't work for whatever reason, so I deleted it from my Hard Drive with the intentions of redownloading. Trouble is that now I can't download anything at all. I suspect that my browser is still trying to use Real download. I am using Windows 95 with Internet Explorer 5. How do I fix this? Error message keeps coming up 'Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'

25-07-2001, 06:13 PM
Are you getting this msg when you click on a file for download? if so press 'alt' when you click on the file for download to bypass any dl managers.

25-07-2001, 08:44 PM
Thanks Mark for your suggestion. I have tried this but still no luck. IE browser is trying to download but no information appears in the download bar, and when the files move to the folder, as soon as it hits the folder a red star flashes indicating nothing happening. Also comes up Action cancelled on page behind the download box almost immediately as try to download.

27-07-2001, 03:53 PM
right click network neighbourhood
go to properties.
go to tcp properties(d/click).
disable wins.
restart