PDA

View Full Version : A few quick questions...

xyz823
15-11-2009, 08:26 PM
1. Whenever I write to a DVD it writes extremly slow. Is there a setting to change to fix this?

2. When using VLC in full screen, when clicking on the play/pause/volume part on the bottom of the screen, the windows 7 taskbar appears.

3. Where can I buy a good USB cooling pad for my laptop?

4. My touchpad has started to click when I tap certain areas of it. Whats this all about?

5. Why is my computer telling me that there is no internet access when I am browsing and downloading at the moment?

A bit of a mix but hopefully someone can help!

hueybot3000
15-11-2009, 08:37 PM
1.dvd speed depends on the dvds your using and what speed your drive is capable of

2. is vlc latest version?

3. dont know

4. go into mouse settings and turn off tapping

hope that helps

Chilling_Silence
15-11-2009, 08:58 PM
1. Whenever I write to a DVD it writes extremly slow. Is there a setting to change to fix this?
Yes it depends on your writer, software, Blank media (speeds the media supports) ...

2. When using VLC in full screen, when clicking on the play/pause/volume part on the bottom of the screen, the windows 7 taskbar appears.
You can pick it up and move it, to somewhere such as the top part of the screen. Or, try installing something such as Shark007 Win7 Codec Pack which compliments the built-in windows codecs :)

3. Where can I buy a good USB cooling pad for my laptop?
PBTech.co.nz or firstin.co.nz has them once every 3-4 weeks

4. My touchpad has started to click when I tap certain areas of it. Whats this all about?
Click like the sound, or click like left-click? It's probably a setting in the advanced touchpad (Synaptics?) settings.

5. Why is my computer telling me that there is no internet access when I am browsing and downloading at the moment?
It's not always 100% accurate. Sometimes certain firewalls even block that from being correct.

Hope this helps

Chill.

xyz823
15-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes it depends on your writer, software, Blank media (speeds the media supports) ...

Its weird because it used to be fine but has suddenly slowed down. I used the exact same type of DVD on the other PC and it wrote fine.

You can pick it up and move it, to somewhere such as the top part of the screen. Or, try installing something such as Shark007 Win7 Codec Pack which compliments the built-in windows codecs :)

Tried moving it and still happens, I have installed K-Lite and may go back to WMP. Are there any other good media players?

PBTech.co.nz or firstin.co.nz has them once every 3-4 weeks

Cool thanks.

Click like the sound, or click like left-click? It's probably a setting in the advanced touchpad (Synaptics?) settings.

Definatly not a click coming out of the speakers. It only happens sometimes on the top part of the touchpad. Ands its more of an actual clicking. Like when you left click on a mouse.

It's not always 100% accurate. Sometimes certain firewalls even block that from being correct.

Cool thanks for your help. :thumbs:

GameJunkie
15-11-2009, 10:43 PM
1. depends on speed set to burn
2. i mostly used the keyboard shortcuts in vlc, spacebar for pause/play(use vista though)
3. seen them on trademe
4. corrupt driver maybe?
5. who said windows was perfect? :p

Roger Hunt
15-11-2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.cccp-project.net/ for Media Player Classic Home Cinema
http://mpui.sourceforge.net/ For M Player for windows

Chilling_Silence
16-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah use the Shark007 Win7 Codecs, and MPC-HC if you don't wanna use the normal WMP that comes with Win7.

Go in to your advanced mouse settings in the Control Panel, see if there's any kind of synaptics touchpad manager, chances are it's a setting in there that you can disable.

Different drives support different types of media better than others. Try a firmware update for your optical drive, or different brand or blank media.

xyz823
16-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Cool thanks for that guys I'll look into that later this afternoon after my maths exam :xmouth: