PDA

View Full Version : Steam users, some help please?

Mister
15-11-2009, 01:35 PM
So I just downloaded Steam so I can play CoD6, and today I decided to buy another game off steam.

Anyway, I enter all my details and I keep getting this. Everything is correct with the details, card is working and everything...

Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged. After reviewing the information below, if you believe your card has been declined in error please try your purchase again.

I've been googleing all morning, and found nothing. And Steam support isn't getting back to me. So I was just wondering, if there are any other Steam users that know about this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Speedy Gonzales
15-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Its probably stuffed or something. Or ring the bank

Mister
15-11-2009, 02:13 PM
It's weird, because I checked my bank account and I have enough to buy. Limit is high enough. Etc, etc.

pctek
15-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Bank account means nothing. Whats your card limit and how close to it are you? Note you may have done some purchase and the cards been debitted (without it showing) for some larger amount. Ask the bank how that works, it's common.

dirtbag
15-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I had that happen a while ago topping up a wow account, card got frozen because they had had some fraudulent transactions to blizzard.
Had to ring them up, and confirm I wanted to payment to go through/the card to be unfrozen

Mister
15-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm no where near the limit.

I decided to see if paying through a PayPal account would work. And yeah, it did, I made a new PayPal, guess it was just steams problem.

Paul.Cov
15-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I've had this issue with Steam. Can't recall how (or if) I resolved the problem.
The Steam retail concept is great, but the implementation of it stinks.

I'm holding out for their holiday season specials... and just hoping the card will work.