PDA

View Full Version : pal ntsc settings for laptop

john6t9
14-11-2009, 01:19 AM
hi all running vista 32 bit on toshiba laptop been trying to connect to LCD tv via s video, my tv has a dedicated s video option, but when i connect laptop and try to attach the second monitor it will not show on tv. is there a way to check if my laptop is sending signal pal or ntsc?? i updated all relevant drivers for ati radeon hd 3200 even downloaded the ccc but this did not give me the option to check svideo output ive tried the f5 it shows that there is a tv connected when i use this option but still nowt showing on tv please help been searching for past couple of days thanks

Chilling_Silence
14-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Hi john6t9,

Welcome to PressF1! :)

You'll probably need to press the Fn button + F5 at the same time to get it to output. Even if it was being output in NTSC format, you'd see *something* if not flickering.

Hope this helps

Chill.

john6t9
14-11-2009, 07:08 AM
thanks for reply ..but tried that and get nowt not even a flicker that what makes me think laptop is on ntsc because if cable is detatched and press fn+f5 only the laptop monitor is detected

CYaBro
14-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Check in the bios as this is where it usually is for laptos.

john6t9
14-11-2009, 07:49 AM
hi, yep peeked in there 2 before system boots up... but can not see anything in there regarding checking what the s video output is