PDA

View Full Version : Using Mac Airpot device on a PC

GR8Metal
12-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Hope someone can help with a Mac question as I'm not familiar with Mac's at all.

I've got a friend who has a 1x Mac and 1x PC. They have a Wireless Router (D-Link G604T) connected via LAN cable to the mac. They have a PC in another room which they wish to access the wireless network that I've setup for them. They own a Mac Airport device. Can I use this Mac Airport device via a LAN cable to the PC and connect to the wireless network?

Thanks for help in advance.

berryb
13-11-2009, 11:16 AM
As long as the PC has wireless then yes. Airports are just an access point and I have setup PC's accessing wireless via Airport.

berryb
13-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Re read your post and I now think you are asking if you can use the Airport device to bridge to your D-link. This I am not sure of as never tried with Airport. I have done with other access points but were purchsed for this purpose and designed to do so. Cheapest option would be to buy a USB wireless device for the P if the airport will not work.

GR8Metal
13-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I want to use the Airport device as the PC's wireless network card to connect to the wireless LAN on the D-Link.......

berryb
13-11-2009, 05:14 PM
This link may help http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2044?viewlocale=en_US

As I said never done myself with an airport.