PDA

View Full Version : can anybody help plz

rizzlor
12-11-2009, 07:46 AM
i am having problems with onboard video on a asrock ge pro m2 it will boot up no probs but wont get any video i have even tried agp and a pci card but still no graphics reset bios ran it with just basic changed power supply have tried evrything has anybody had this problem before with this board

wainuitech
12-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Welcome to PF1.

Have you tried a different monitor.

rizzlor
12-11-2009, 08:05 AM
yeah im usin this moniter on my other machine lol would just smash it but its not mine lol

pctek
12-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Then it's the board. Not a particularly good brand.......

inphinity
12-11-2009, 09:19 AM
it will boot up no probs but wont get any video

How do you know it boots up if theres no video output?

pctek
12-11-2009, 02:18 PM
How do you know it boots up if theres no video output?

From the HDD loading noises?

SolMiester
12-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Then it's the board. Not a particularly good brand.......

Gee PCT, ASUS and Gigabyte arent the only good brand mate, ASRock have a very good name in the US......same with Microstar and Foxconn..!

whellington
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Gee PCT, ASUS and Gigabyte arent the only good brand mate, ASRock have a very good name in the US......same with Microstar and Foxconn..!

+1 and also xfx, evga make great vid cards too not just asus and gb

razzarphenix
12-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Asrock & ECS boards are pretty much the worst out there in my opinion so many I've seen die in the past much more than any other brand.

whellington
12-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Asrock & ECS boards are pretty much the worst out there in my opinion so many I've seen die in the past much more than any other brand.

I've seen asus and gb boards die.. its not rare mate it happens to all companies

qazwsxokmijn
12-11-2009, 03:00 PM
ASRock looks like it's making a good name for itself. Its parent company is Asus, so I would assume their warranty service should be just as good. Their quality is probably not on the same tier as Asus but I'd pick ASRock over ECS any day.

wainuitech
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Before I started my own business I worked for a short while in a Computer shop in WGTN- they tried Asrock boards - there was a 50% failure rate.

When A new pc was built using asrock it was hold your breath when you fired it up the first time it either went Ok or was faulty.

Going by the description given I'd say its a good chance the board is faulty since the monitor is OK.

qazwsxokmijn
12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
When was this WT? I also had an ASRock board and while it didn't fail it was pretty useless for overclocking stuff. It looked more cheap and 'feels' cheaper too, I guess.

SolMiester
12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Before I started my own business I worked for a short while in a Computer shop in WGTN- they tried Asrock boards - there was a 50% failure rate.

When A new pc was built using asrock it was hold your breath when you fired it up the first time it either went Ok or was faulty.

Going by the description given I'd say its a good chance the board is faulty since the monitor is OK.

How long ago was that WT.....50% is extremely high!, capacitor failures?...ASRock are very popular in the US, they are very innovative...

wainuitech
12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Lets see - I started the business in Feb 2003, so it was late 2002.

The boards being used were for the "value" PC's on board Graphics etc. When starting up if they failed it was instant, fans would start and that all, change the board only and away they went ( sometimes) If they went first time, they ran fine.

They used them for about 4 months before changing to gigabyte Boards, the higher spec PC's usually had Soltek or Gigabyte Boards.

inphinity
12-11-2009, 04:00 PM
ASRock boards used to be terrible - our supplier indicated to us that many of them were Asus boards that failed quality checks but still "worked". However, the last couple of years they have picked up. While they're not great, I'd say they are a viable "low-end/budget" option to look at along with the likes of MSI if you just want something at a good price point and fairly basic.

We initially had an upwards of 30% failure rate , but more recently (at a diff company now) we've been using them and it's more like 5% - still higher than the Asus and Gigabyte products we deal with, but nowhere near as terrible as it was.