PDA

View Full Version : Have trojan Kryptik.BBD

Misty
09-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Amongst my folders in OE a new folder has suddenly appeared entitled "Infected items". We have received an email which has the subject

[virus a variant of Win32/Krytik.BBD trojan]Western Union.Money Transfer Details

We would not have opened it regardless of the alert. I wonder who put it there ? Have done a scan using Nod32 of the C drive, which is the only drive on the laptop and it reports that there are no problems ?? So presumably it was not Nod32 that picked it up in the first place. Would it have been OE that has picked up ?

I presume that I do not just delete it - but it is a small worry that Nod32 has not offered to quarantine or delete. :horrified

What is my safest approach please ?
Misty

PS - I see that notechyet had Krytik.F trojan in June.

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Delete it then scan the whole hdd

Misty
11-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Delete it then scan the whole hdd
Thanks Speedy - have done. :) It niggles that Nod32 did not pick up, all the same :(
Misty

wainuitech
11-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Actually Nod32 did pick it up, that's why it put it in the infected items - it will have caught it, removed the infection, but left the original mail - hence infected items.

Misty
11-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Actually Nod32 did pick it up, that's why it put it in the infected items - it will have caught it, removed the infection, but left the original mail - hence infected items.
Aaah ! that's a relief wainuitech
Thanks
Misty :thumbs: