PDA

View Full Version : opera woes

beetle
06-11-2009, 04:33 PM
:rolleyes:

Ok i have resorted to I E to post this as opera just keeps dying on me, comes up with sorry Opera must close, and each time i open it, it doesnt even finish loading and it has crashed, sorry opera must close...........so i gave up trying to post on opera to pf1.

this is on peach computer, and seems to be ok, no spam attacks, :p and have a firewall, ZA and Avast as well.

background history,
i finally update adobe flash player this week, but i seem to recall opera was playing up before that. (just not quite so much) i tried 6 times to restore the puter, but each time it says it cannot restore to any point.

i also tried updating, but for some reason it doesnt want to work.

any suggestions?

beetle:stare:

Jen
06-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Opera?

beetle
06-11-2009, 06:55 PM
But if i do that ill lose all bookmarks wont i?

and it wont stay open long enough probably to save them somewhere? or am i missing something here? vague remeberances say it is somewhere else in a opera file???

???

beetle:illogical

Lawrence
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Been using for about 10 years,don't know what release you are running? ,if you are running a build below 10.0 and you try to upgrade to 10.0 you might run into problems.
every so often I do a seperate install to clean the crap out, used this a few times to transfer settings across http://www.favbrowser.com/backup/,saves alot of time to configure to your liking

Morgenmuffel
06-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Beetle

I'm using Vista, so i don't know if this is any help, but this is where mine are

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera

Also If you are using IE you should be able to
click on the IE bookmark star in the menu bar
Press on the down arrow next to the text that says "add to favourites"
there should be an option to "import/export"
click that
then you should select import from other browser
then it should come up with a list of browsers, and select opera

Lawrence
06-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Correction http://www.favbrowser.com/backup/

Cato
06-11-2009, 07:32 PM
But if i do that ill lose all bookmarks wont i?

and it wont stay open long enough probably to save them somewhere? or am i missing something here? vague remeberances say it is somewhere else in a opera file???

???

beetle:illogical

Get Windows to show you hidden files.

Go to your user's directory, AppData (it's hidden), Roaming, Opera, Opera and it will be called bookmarks.adr

C:\Users\beetle\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera
or something similar.

Did you have "restore session" as the default starting for Opera?
I'm not sure if Opera has a safemode...