PDA

View Full Version : 'Show Picture' won't

24-07-2001, 01:59 PM
hope u can hlp i have tried a few forums and no one can solve this problem for me.
I am running W98SE IE5.01. While surfing I sometimes get the image box with a red cross in it. When i Rclick on Show Picture option, nothing happens. In the advanced option tab of internet options the show picture option there is ticked.
can any one shed any light?? thanx

24-07-2001, 03:38 PM
Hi Donna. You're not alone with the fact that your pictures are being a little shy, ie, not showing. I am running Windows ME with IE 5.5 and I also get the same thing happening. I also have the 'show pictures' and everything else checked. The problem only occours on some sites with some graphics. My friend who has Windows 98SE has this happen to him also. To the best of my knowledge and asking around, it appears that the problem is caused not by any fault of your system etc but rather the location that the graphic(s) is being called from is not accessable, for reasons that only the person(s) managing the page would have answers to. For example, they may have simply moved the location of their graphics file(s) and not updated their link to it.
Anyway, hope this helps.:-)

24-07-2001, 09:07 PM
Hi Donna

Don,t know if this will help you,but I also had that problem and no one could help me either.
Do you by any chance have
PC-cillin 98 on your computer,if so try disabling
the web trap feature if it is enabled,you will find you will see a whole lot more pictures,it,s suppose to stop
java applets and active x controls but seems to stop some pictures.

Good luck

29-07-2001, 08:14 PM
Hello Donna.
I have heard that taking graphics from the Windows platfom and placing them on a Unix server cause problems as well. John.

29-07-2001, 10:02 PM
hi guys, thought i had thank you all for your replies and just checked and have seen my reply not there!! oh well.
have given up trying to figure out what is happening. switched to netscape for a few days and have not had any trouble. just one of those MS quirks that we have all grown to love I guess. thanks for all your suggestions
Donna