PDA

View Full Version : microphone quits working after 5 minutes

hunterd
03-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. Here is my problem. When I am in window messenger my microphone quits working after 5 minutes. So when that happens I disconnect the reconnect to finish the conversation. I have tried the audio wizard in window live, soundmax wizard and the microphone show that it is working. I have contacted my service provider and they say everything is working fine I even contacted the phone company and they say there is no problems in the line. I have checked to see if there is a conflict somewhere and nothing. I am using Xp pro. Pentium 4 with 1 gig ram. When the microphone quits working in live messenger I sign out of there to see if it is working in Skypes. It says the volume is low. I have checked the volume and it is not low. This frustrating. To me and my contacts.Because they don't like to type. The thing is that I can still hear them. Please help

gary67
03-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I think you need to go to device manager and check the settings there. Is the microphone plugged into the back or the front of the computer or is this a laptop?

Welcome to our nice friendly New Zealand forum by the way

hunterd
04-11-2009, 03:21 AM
I have gone into the device manager and there it is showing everything working fine. I have the microphone plug into the back. When I plug it in the front it show that nothing is connected but when I do the audio wizards it will pass the tests. Like I have said I have tried every wizard that is on my system and all the programs say it is working fine. In the hidden devices it show that mdmxsdk has a yellow quotation mark beside it.

gary67
04-11-2009, 06:34 AM
That often means it is lacking a driver. What does it say if you click on the yellow triangle?

hunterd
04-11-2009, 08:27 AM
This driver is not present ,this is not working properly or does not have all it drivers installed (Code 24). That is all that it is saying. When I looking details it shows Root/Legacy/0000 but that is all that it says and I don't even know what device this is.