PDA

View Full Version : MS office communicator

gary67
31-10-2009, 03:38 PM
The above program came with my student office package, I haven't installed it as I don't know what its for anyone on here use it? :thanks

Speedy Gonzales
31-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Looks like its used with servers. So, unless you running one with exchange, there's no point in using it

the_bogan
31-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I've never bothered with it, but hopefully this is more helpful that Speedys answer.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator/HA102037151033.aspx

chiefnz
31-10-2009, 04:50 PM
At work we refer to it as "Messenger for Grown Ups"!!!

It's pretty handy in a corporate office environment. it integrates well with MS Outlook/ Exchange as it shows the status of your contacts based on their calendar, out of office etc.

We also have it intergrated with Cisco Unified Communications... referred to as CUCIMOC - Cisco Unified Communications Integration for Microsoft Office communicator.... I never read these long acronyms... this allows integration with VoIP which allows you to use the Cisco IP Communication software and MOC's built in phone capability to make calls via MOC... it also allows you to have voicemail delivered via a CISCO unity mailbox in MS Outlook.

I quite like it but due to the nature of my job I don't spend alot of time at my desk.

Cheers,

gary67
31-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Ok thanks I won't bother installing it then since I don't have an exchange server at home