PDA

View Full Version : loading dvd software to laptop without dvd drive

jerrybali
30-10-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a new Hp Pavillion dv2 laptop which i love as small and portable. Just got new windows 7 and microsoft office software on dvd but cant load it direct as no dvd or cd drive on laptop. Question: Can I load files from dvd direct to an external drive then loaqd files from there to laptop and then do the usual setup/install files from there. dont have a portable dvd so can do that. where's speedy gonzales when you need him? he'll know, he knows everything!!
Appreciate any help or ideas???

Blam
30-10-2009, 10:05 PM
For Windows 7-you have two options:

1. If you need to perform upgrade, just copy all files from the DVD then launch "setup.exe"

2. If you need to perform a full install, then create a bootable USB from the dvd using this:
http://images2.store.microsoft.com/prod/clustera/framework/w7udt/1.0/en-us/Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe

As for M$ Office:

1. Copy the files and run the set

2. Make an image then mount it

Blam

xyz823
30-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Yep you have to make a bootable USB flash drive. Google "Install windows 7 from a flash drive".

For MS office you may be able to copy the files from the CD to a flash drive and just run the setup.exe. (I have no idea if that would work though but worth a shot".

jerrybali
30-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys, we'll try that. :clap
Laptop has vista on board so its an upgrade.
as to microsoft office we'll try copying files to external and then loading onto laptop then setup install from there! fingers crossed!