PDA

View Full Version : Counterstrike and Lag

23-07-2001, 01:07 AM
Whenever I play counterstrike on the internet, my lag starts off fine (~250ms) but after 3 - 4 minutes, my lag increases to 4000ms!!! This happens everytime! Is my modem driver the culprit? I'm using a standard 560000kbps K56Flex modem driver. Win 98 tells me the recommended driver is a Lucent Venus Serial Voice Modem. However, I've used this driver and the top speed I've achieved is the same as a 33.6 modem. So I'm better off with the standard driver. But WHY are my lags so bad for counterstrike? Please help. Thanks.

23-07-2001, 02:45 AM
hi dude, can u provide some details. os, make/model of modem, has it been upgraded to v90?, do you have ping probs in other games?, more details the better.

23-07-2001, 04:49 PM
I am running win98. My modem is listed as manufactured by ASK and its model is a Lucent Venus Serial Voice Modem. It's 56k, and I'm pretty sure its compliant with the v90 thing. I've had problems with ALL my other games. The first few minutes are fine but after that, the lag becomes too overwhelming to keep playing on. Right now I'm just trying to find a better driver to see if that remedies my problem